Dear Cardinals Fans

CardsJimEdmonds15

Dear Cardinal Nation,

I love this team through thick and thin and win or lose and I will continue to root for them even if they do go down 0-3. Things arent looking too bright. This team cant seem to do what it did in the regular season in the World Series like pitch, bunt, steal, hit, take advantage of other teams mistakes. I'll tip my cap to the Boston Red Sox and their fans, but once these teams play each other next year I'll be sure to be extremly mad at Boston at the time.

This team has been amazing this year. From being pronounced "3rd in the NL Central" to a rocky game 1 vs Milwaukee to start the year, to a 22-23 record, to Pujols have that 3 homer game in Chicago, to So Taguchi having a big homer off Farnsworth, to Jimmy Edmonds robbing homers and hits to left right and dead center, to Scott Rolen having a monster year, to John Mabry coming up from Memphis and having a great year, to Rick Ankiel returning, to a Ray Lankford swan song, to Edgar's amazing defense, to see this new pitching rotation that stunned everyone including myself this year, to our improved bullpen, to winning the NL Central, to having 105 wins, to eliminating the Los Angeles Dodgers, to watching Julian Tavarez's mental breakdown, to watching him come back and respond against the Astros, to coming back from being behind Houston 3-2 and watching Jimmy Edmonds walk off to send the Cards to Game 7 of the NLCS, to watching Edmonds amazing catch save the season for the Cardinals and watching Soup outduel one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball, to being down 0-3 against Boston in the World Series.

This team wasnt suppose to be this good. This team wasnt suppose to run away with the NL Central. This team wasnt suppose to have the pitching to compete with anyone, let alone be among the top in baseball. This team wasnt suppose to make the playoffs. This team wasnt suppose to beat the Dodgers in the NLDS. This team wasnt suppose to come back from a 3-2 deficit against Houston and advance to the W.S. This team wasnt suppose to be in the WS. And surely this team wasnt suppose to win the WS against a favored Boston club.

If your upset you should be as I am myself, but it was real fun and a blast as a Cardinals fan this year. So I just wanna say. I hope it sinks in and you all realize how much of a blast this year was. We may not be seeing this good of a team next year. I finally gotta see my Cardinals in a W.S. since I was 2. I can only imagine how horrible it is for Cubs fans.

With that said, Thank you Cardinals! Thank you for everything you accomplished this year even if it wasnt good enough for the Title.

:notworthy I typed that all up :notworthy

This team wasnt suppose to be this good. This team wasnt suppose to run away with the NL Central. This team wasnt suppose to have the pitching to compete with anyone, let alone be among the top in baseball. This team wasnt suppose to make the playoffs. This team wasnt suppose to beat the Dodgers in the NLDS. This team wasnt suppose to come back from a 3-2 deficit against Houston and advance to the W.S. This team wasnt suppose to be in the WS. And surely this team wasnt suppose to win the WS against a favored Boston club

:o don't say that

besides that, yeah ... it was a great season

:thumbup

If the Sox lose 4 straight we will know if Curses truly exist in both in Baseball and in Life. :blink:

602020[/snapback]

If the Sox somehow lose 4 straight then I'll start believing in this Curse talk but if not I just hope we never have to hear another curse excuse for a long time. :blink:

I just want ONE THING.. to see my Cardinals show a lot of heart tonight and play Cardinal baseball that they have this year (Hitting, Pitching, Bunting, Stealing). If it keeps this thing alive another day it does, if it doesnt it doesnt. :plain :(