Watch Out Marlins

chinabasin

Because Wayne Franklin is BACK.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240824128

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants have re-signed left-handed pitcher Wayne Franklin to a one-year contract for the 2005 season, club Senior Vice President and General Manager Brian Sabean announced today.

The 31-year-old southpaw posted a 2-1 mark with a 6.39 ERA in 43 games (two starts) with the Giants this past season, having originally been acquired by the team March 30 in a trade with Milwaukee. As a reliever on the season, he ranked fifth in the National League by stranding 79.1% of his inherited runners (34-for-43). As a starter, he split a pair of decisions.

His one loss was the infamous "Bush League" game, where he gave up 7 runs in the first inning. Hopefully SF finds a spot for him in the rotation.

640283[/snapback]

Sorry dude....not happening...Giants have a 5 man rotation of Schmidt, Tomko, Lowry, Williams, and Rueter... With Foppert as a spot starter.. I know the Marlins would love to see Franklin back on the mound, but if they do it'll either already be a blowout or late in the game.

His one loss was the infamous "Bush League" game, where he gave up 7 runs in the first inning. Hopefully SF finds a spot for him in the rotation.

640283[/snapback]

Sorry dude....not happening...Giants have a 5 man rotation of Schmidt, Tomko, Lowry, Williams, and Rueter... With Foppert as a spot starter.. I know the Marlins would love to see Franklin back on the mound, but if they do it'll either already be a blowout or late in the game.

640285[/snapback]

I'd put Woody in the pen and Foppert in the rotation

I'd put Woody in the pen and Foppert in the rotation

640393[/snapback]

If Woody struggles early in the season, I'm sure this will happen. But I have no problem with having him start the season in the rotation. I'd love to see him have a good year.

640411[/snapback]

I'd love to see him have a good year too, but I think he's done. :confused

I'm aware of who the Giants 5 starters are, I'm banking on Kirk Reuter retiring during the season to pursue his modeling career.

640296[/snapback]

LOL

640425[/snapback]

Poor Woody. He may not be the best looking pitcher in the league, but damn it, he knows how to win....