Mike Lowell interview on TV in about 10 minutes...

Accord

On the program "5 Sports Live" on News Channel 5 (NBC) they'll be interviewing Mike Lowell in about 10 minutes. Only people in Palm Beach County and other counties on the treasure coast will be able to watch it though. I'll report back on what he says for all you Dade and Broward people :D .

On the program "5 Sports Live" on News Channel 5 (NBC) they'll be interviewing Mike Lowell in about 10 minutes. Only people in Palm Beach County and other counties on the treasure coast will be able to watch it though. I'll report back on what he says for all you Dade and Broward people :D .

652139[/snapback]

Awesome... I will be watching it! :)

Ben Becker is an idiot. "IS THIS A REBUILDING YEAR?"

652184[/snapback]

Did he really say that? Wow, he is an idiot.

652187[/snapback]

Yep, he asked Lowell if this was a rebuilding year and Lowell went on about how we upgraded our bullpen, signed Leiter, etc.

Dave Magadan, C.

Las Vegas? Lowell said that the Marlins and govt have put too much work into the deal to have it break down. But if a sweet deal comes along, they (Marlins) should listen.

This team is NOT rebuilding. There is plenty of talent here. We signed Leiter, Jones. He likes playing with Conine, Lo Duca, and Enc a whole season set.

Bad interview, and old too:

Pretty much focused on the stadium (and Lowell showed quite a bit of skill side-stepping the issue while giving the typical "I want to be a part of baseball in South Florida" responses).

Talked about the team being ready to compete because of an upgraded 'pen and Leiter replacing Pavano, and he likes getting a full year out of Encarnacion and Lo Duca.

Dated because he talked about the need for a 5th starter.

And, of course, the presence of anything Delgado related was nonexistent.

Yeah, it was old - because he kept saying we needed a 5th starter. (We signed Valdez). Must be right before Xmas.

I do agree with Lowell though across the board with what he said. This team does need a new stadium because the Marlins cant compete with other franchises in terms of revenue. Especially in the NL East. They might be the poorest team in that division now that the Expos are the Nationals of Washington.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.