January 18, 200521 yr Obviously the Marlins FO (who know more than anyone about the guy) feel they can't make a longterm commitment to the guy and it has nothing to do with $$$. I suspect AJ's September setback has caused enough concern interally that they cannot at this point risk locking up the guy until he proves he isn't either re-injured (I am of the belief that when it comes to money AJ is very much the type of individual who would lie to mask an injury if he thought he could in order to guarantee his family another big pay check year) or that he can pitch regularly without incident. The Marlins have already been burned once by the guy, they just aren't going to allow it to happen again. P.S., for all of you who think I hate the guy, he is my single favorite Marlins pitcher, bar none.
January 18, 200521 yr The Marlins have given AJ $3.65 mill, When he pitches there's quite a thrill, With 190, 200, and 210 on the hill, He will collect 150,000 American bill. Very true
January 18, 200521 yr Obviously the Marlins FO (who know more than anyone about the guy) feel they can't make a longterm commitment to the guy and it has nothing to do with $$$. I suspect AJ's September setback has caused enough concern interally that they cannot at this point risk locking up the guy until he proves he isn't either re-injured (I am of the belief that when it comes to money AJ is very much the type of individual who would lie to mask an injury if he thought he could in order to guarantee his family another big pay check year) or that he can pitch regularly without incident. The Marlins have already been burned once by the guy, they just aren't going to allow it to happen again. P.S., for all of you who think I hate the guy, he is my single favorite Marlins pitcher, bar none. 658571[/snapback] Just taking the prudent approach. I understand that, but also believe if AJ has a good year, then the chance of us signing him to a long term contract is about the same as.........signing Pavano.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.