From TNT.....

Guest Juanky

Yeah, this would be awesome. I think once the team gelled, a Shaq-Zo-DWade team could have enough to beat the Spurs out of the West.

Time will tell, however.

word is Zo will be a Heatian within the next week

Reported by David Aldridge (sp?)

682319[/snapback]

He also said that the Heat were involved in a four team trade about a month ago...

682373[/snapback]

I think this one gets substantiated by the fact that Zo has been chilling here since before Christmas.

yea in order for this to happen Toronto has to buy out his contract and i havent heard anything about them doing it.

should they do it within the next week zo would be a great pickup.

682400[/snapback]

With Allen coming back from injury, I don't see how Zo would fit in...

But I guess with Laettner's injury-proneness, he'd be a great option.

on the contrary.

should zo work his way into some good minutes and good play he would take over at starting PF.

Zo at PF would demand more attention in the post than haslem ever would.reducing stress on shaq and avoiding the early foul trouble he gets in early in the game.

he wouldnt play starter minutes but would definatly start and share half the time with haslem.

if im any other team in the NBA and had to face a frontline of Shaq and Zo id s*** myself.

combine a trio of Shaq-Zo-Wade and throw in eddie and damon from 3 point land and wow.

the rotation would look something like this.

C-Shaq

PF-Zo

SF-Eddie

SG-Wade

PG-Damon

Bench

C-Doly

PF-Haslem

SF-Rasual/Allen

SG-Rasual/Dooling

PG-Dooling

Not in rotation- Laettner, Anderson, Wang, Wright, Woods.

on the contrary.

should zo work his way into some good minutes and good play he would take over at starting PF.

Zo at PF would demand more attention in the post than haslem ever would.reducing stress on shaq and avoiding the early foul trouble he gets in early in the game.

he wouldnt play starter minutes but would definatly start and share half the time with haslem.

if im any other team in the NBA and had to face a frontline of Shaq and Zo id s*** myself.

combine a trio of Shaq-Zo-Wade and throw in eddie and damon from 3 point land and wow.

the rotation would look something like this.

C-Shaq

PF-Zo

SF-Eddie

SG-Wade

PG-Damon

Bench

C-Doly

PF-Haslem

SF-Rasual/Allen

SG-Rasual/Dooling

PG-Dooling

Not in rotation- Laettner, Anderson, Wang, Wright, Woods.

682438[/snapback]

First of all, he is in no shape to start at PF. He'll be limited to 15-20 minutes max, and then he'll probably have to take a day off afterward. That's how it worked in NJ.

Anyway, I'd love to have him. Come playoff time, he could play some crucial minutes...He's a great asset, no doubt--but it'll take a while for him to work into the rotation. Even if he came, he'd need a couple weeks to adjust to Van Gundy's system, and mesh with the team

I don't think Zo should start to begin with. And I'm not sure they should consider ever starting him, cause if you get too greedy, he'll probably get sick all over again.

The thing to do, obviously, is to try all different sorts of combinations to see where he fits in best. The Heat are up like 6 games in the East, so they have some room to work with if they want to experiment. We have no idea how he'll play alongside Shaq, but it'll be interesting to find out.

I see Zo working better off the bench, though. He's more of a scoring threat than Haslem overall, but does not have nearly as good of an outside shot. Haslem just makes sense in tandem with Shaq. Zo would make sense with Doleac who has a pretty good outside shot. Laettner makes sense with everyone, of course, because he's a Blue Devil.

They are flashing the report across the bottom of the screen..It's looking more and more like reality.

I would love for him to end his career here...He never left--Zo's Summer Groove, the Charities...

I was upset at him for a while...But time heals most injuries.

laettner is barely playing anymore now.

when Allen gets back he will play less.

should we sign Zo laettner will be the Darko of the heat.

theres no room for him.

682687[/snapback]

Far as I know, Laettner's not playing because he's injured. Before that, he was the first guy off the bench. The Heat had to put in Wang the other day...I'm sure that's because Laettner wasn't available.

I'm absolutely positive Laettner will be in the rotation once he's "healthy" again (he's never really healthy). He was huge during that big winning streak earlier in the year, giving 15-20 mins. a game, shooting 58%.

yea in order for this to happen Toronto has to buy out his contract and i havent heard anything about them doing it.

should they do it within the next week zo would be a great pickup.

682400[/snapback]

It was in the Sun Sentinal this morning it said that Tornoto was getting closer to buying out Zo's contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.