great Juan Pierre blurb

jackarmstrong

Wednesday, rookies and veterans alike shook hands, slapped backs and asked how they had spent their winters. Marlins newcomers, such as relievers Chad Bentz and Jim Mecir, spent part of the time introducing themselves to their new teammates. Juan Pierre, who isn't scheduled to report until Saturday, was not only on hand, but also pleading with Marlins trainer Sean Cunningham to have his physical taken Friday along with pitchers and catchers, but before the rest of the team is required to take theirs.

''Because I want to beat the cavalry,'' Pierre said.

from the Miami Herald, actually the main story was on Bill Robinson, also worth reading: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10919603.htm

I loved that Pierre quote !

Realizing I'm often viewed as a Herald basher (and perhaps justifiably so) I was perplexed by today's tribute under the front page banner touting pitchers and catchers reporting, that focused on Bill Robinson, the HITTING COACH, rather than Mark Wiley the NEW PITCHING COACH.

I've rationalized it as being part of Black History Month but couldn't this piece have waited for Friday/Saturday (when the rest of the players report) and some focus been placed on Wiley since it was the pitchers who were reporting today?

In fact, wouldn't it have made sense for Wiley's name to appear somewhere in an article that was heralded (no pun inntended) on the front page as relating to pitchers and catchers reporting considering Robinson, Cox and Hill were made an integral part of the article?

I don't get it. I really enjoyed the Robinson piece, don't get me wrong, but it's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing at One Herald Sq.

Wednesday, rookies and veterans alike shook hands, slapped backs and asked how they had spent their winters. Marlins newcomers, such as relievers Chad Bentz and Jim Mecir, spent part of the time introducing themselves to their new teammates. Juan Pierre, who isn't scheduled to report until Saturday, was not only on hand, but also pleading with Marlins trainer Sean Cunningham to have his physical taken Friday along with pitchers and catchers, but before the rest of the team is required to take theirs.

from the Miami Herald, actually the main story was on Bill Robinson, also worth reading: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10919603.htm

688254[/snapback]

Good thing Trot Nixon is not on the Marlins he might take that as Pierre hinting that he is a bum and questioning whether or not his daughter should be prioritized as high as she is.

688254[/snapback]

Good thing Trot Nixon is not on the Marlins he might take that as Pierre hinting that he is a bum and questioning whether or not his daughter should be prioritized as high as she is.

688318[/snapback]

:lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.