No names on jerseys

QuickGold

Guest Moneyball

I think I mentioned something about this in a thread where I highlighted uni changes for 2005.

I can't remember the other team that did it either.

Fine, I'll break the trend and express my happiness with names on jerseys. Yes, the Yankees and Red Sox (and Giants) all look great with no names on the back, but a lot of jerseys (especially the Tigers' very plain home jersey) look better with names on the back. I mean, how sharp are the black and silver Marlins jerseys?

Guest Juanky

Only some teams can rock the no name approach on the home unis. The Dodgers are for sure one of them, but someone like the Marlins wouldn't look too good like that.

Guest Moneyball

The Dodgers are just envious of the Giants.

728510[/snapback]

Or maybe it's the Giants of the Dodgers? :mischief

Both got very nice unis but the Dodgers have the edge in this contest.

Only some teams can rock the no name approach on the home unis. The Dodgers are for sure one of them, but someone like the Marlins wouldn't look too good like that.

728362[/snapback]

Marlins shouldn't. They were founded 10 years ago or so. I think the old teams should go nameless. Of course, using that same line of thinking, one could argue they shouldn't even wear numbers but I think that's going a little too far.