Chad Bentz to start season with Mudcats

Chad Bentz of Juneau will open the 2005 baseball season with the Carolina Mudcats, according to a press release Sunday from http://OurSportsCentral.com.

Bentz, a 1999 Juneau-Douglas High School graduate, is a left-handed relief pitcher. Last year he became just the second Alaska player to make it to the major leagues when he started the season with the Montreal Expos. Bentz was with the Expos until July, posting an 0-3 record with a 5.86 ERA in 36 appearances before being sent down to the minors to work on a slider. He finished the season on the disabled list with foot and shoulder injuries.

After being released during the offseason by the Expos, who are now the Washington Nationals, Bentz signed a minor league contract with the Marlins that included an invitation to Florida's major league spring training camp. Bentz made about a half-dozen appearances for the Marlins in spring training before he was sent to the team's minor league camp on March 17.

The Mudcats, based in Zebulon, N.C., are the Class AA minor league affiliate for the Florida Marlins. The Mudcats open their season on Thursday when they play the Huntsville (Ala.) Stars in their Southern League opener. Bentz is one of four players with major league experience on the Carolina roster.

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/040505...050405028.shtml

i would think AA is probably Tank, Vargas, Olsen, Bazardo and either Josh Johnson, Rodrigo Rosario or Belisario

*dies*

729358[/snapback]

Tank and Vargas are both startin the season in Greensboro

729397[/snapback]

yea, I should have assumed... but I thought I would give them the benefit

I guess Resop will as well