Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

? for those that are Marlins and Dolphins both

Featured Replies

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also. :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also.? :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also.? :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

Yeah, but he's not burning his wallet up to eliminate it either.

 

Markets support teams from the four sports all the time. Steinbrenner's wallet and vindictiveness run much deeper, yet he isn't pushing the Mets/Rangers/Knicks/Jets/Giants out of the limelight, he doesn't have anything to do with the Giants or Nets (sold ownership), yet he shares time with them on the YES network...his media baby.

 

Wayne's not a nice guy, he's a cut-throat business man, but he knows that sports are unique enough to the point that fans of a sport will support that franchise regardless of circumstances. I mean, it's not like the Marlins are taking Dolphin fans gagged and blind-folded into a van and brainwashing them. And don't make the disposable income argument, because people who want to see baseball will sit on their disposable money before going to see the Dolphins if the Marlins leave. It's not as cookie cutter a situation as most would think, people want to see a sport, not just sports in general.

 

There's a reason why the Panthers (with, arguably the best player in the region first in Pavel Bure and then Roberto Luongo) couldn't draw, people don't want to see the NHL like they want to see the NBA or MLB or NFL.

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also.? :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

Yeah, but he's not burning his wallet up to eliminate it either.

 

Markets support teams from the four sports all the time. Steinbrenner's wallet and vindictiveness run much deeper, yet he isn't pushing the Mets/Rangers/Knicks/Jets/Giants out of the limelight, he doesn't have anything to do with the Giants or Nets (sold ownership), yet he shares time with them on the YES network...his media baby.

 

Wayne's not a nice guy, he's a cut-throat business man, but he knows that sports are unique enough to the point that fans of a sport will support that franchise regardless of circumstances. I mean, it's not like the Marlins are taking Dolphin fans gagged and blind-folded into a van and brainwashing them. And don't make the disposable income argument, because people who want to see baseball will sit on their disposable money before going to see the Dolphins if the Marlins leave. It's not as cookie cutter a situation as most would think, people want to see a sport, not just sports in general.

 

There's a reason why the Panthers (with, arguably the best player in the region first in Pavel Bure and then Roberto Luongo) couldn't draw, people don't want to see the NHL like they want to see the NBA or MLB or NFL.

761090[/snapback]

 

Watch out, you might get a thanks Wayne Jr coming up again soon.

 

Seems that is the only response to give when they have no response to the truth. :thumbup

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also. :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

761085[/snapback]

 

How can you say that? The Marlins are his tenant, and he does get something out of them 81+ days of the year.

 

One thing is to say he isn't blocking the deal in Tallahasee, and another is to say he doesn't care.

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also.? :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

761085[/snapback]

 

How can you say that? The Marlins are his tenant, and he does get something out of them 81+ days of the year.

 

One thing is to say he isn't blocking the deal in Tallahasee, and another is to say he doesn't care.

761100[/snapback]

 

They do not generate him a ton of money. Our fan base is pathetic and atrocious. Get over Wayne.

 

Next.

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also. :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

761085[/snapback]

 

How can you say that? The Marlins are his tenant, and he does get something out of them 81+ days of the year.

 

One thing is to say he isn't blocking the deal in Tallahasee, and another is to say he doesn't care.

761100[/snapback]

 

They do not generate him a ton of money. Our fan base is pathetic and atrocious. Get over Wayne.

 

Next.

761105[/snapback]

 

 

Your logic behind this argument lacks, if our fan base is pathetic go root for another team.

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also.? :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

761085[/snapback]

 

How can you say that? The Marlins are his tenant, and he does get something out of them 81+ days of the year.

 

One thing is to say he isn't blocking the deal in Tallahasee, and another is to say he doesn't care.

761100[/snapback]

 

They do not generate him a ton of money. Our fan base is pathetic and atrocious. Get over Wayne.

 

Next.

761105[/snapback]

 

 

Your logic behind this argument lacks, if our fan base is pathetic go root for another team.

761110[/snapback]

 

Don't be offended when it is the truth. I am a fan, you are a fan, as is almost everyone on this board. However, the fan base in S. Fla for the Marlins is pathetic with the success this team has had. Most people here will tell you that. Sorry I do not have rose colored glasses on, but that is the truth.

 

Also, if my argument and Swift's argument lacks, prove us wrong with facts. With the facts provided, especially by Swift, I have seen nothing of any sort to counter. Truth, once again.

Can someone please lock this thread?

 

Things we've established: nothing.

 

Things we've accomplished:

 

An unnecessary line in the sand drawn by conspiracy theorists who think Wayne is investing serious money/effort in killing the Marlins stadium bill in Tallahasee (which, I think we've proven to be absurd, and unprovable).

 

An effective way to name call and make fans of more than one sport feel guilty, even though it may be the most absurd thing ever to suggest that being a fan of the Dolphins drives the Marlins out of business. The Heat and Marlins have more conflicting schedules, and the sister site of this board is a Heat board, maybe we should continue the witch hunt over there...

 

 

 

Oh, and for FreshFish, unless the sports world around the stadium goes through, Wayne probably benefits more from putting U2, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones in the stadium than having the Marlins there for 81 games, because he has to staff the concessions and ushers...those salaries are paid by the stadium. I think he's barely breaking even when all is said and done. Now, if we were getting consistent crowds of 40 K it would be a different story, but he has to overstaff the stadium for one that's generally at half capacity. So, I don't buy into the thought that he's trying to kill the bill to keep them at the Pro...

Yes, you are right! Wayne is out to get baseball in S. Florida.

 

I heard next week the Miami Heat is on his agenda to get them out of the state also. :thumbdown

760994[/snapback]

 

 

Duh, if he were a smart business man which he is he would want to get rid of any competition.

 

I hope you don't believe he wants to help save baseball in South Florida if his wallet won't be enlarged. :plain

761076[/snapback]

 

I don't think he wants to help or hurt it. I don't think he thinks it's his problem or concern, bottom line.

761085[/snapback]

 

How can you say that? The Marlins are his tenant, and he does get something out of them 81+ days of the year.

 

One thing is to say he isn't blocking the deal in Tallahasee, and another is to say he doesn't care.

761100[/snapback]

 

They do not generate him a ton of money. Our fan base is pathetic and atrocious. Get over Wayne.

 

Next.

761105[/snapback]

 

 

Your logic behind this argument lacks, if our fan base is pathetic go root for another team.

761110[/snapback]

 

Don't be offended when it is the truth. I am a fan, you are a fan, as is almost everyone on this board. However, the fan base in S. Fla for the Marlins is pathetic with the success this team has had. Most people here will tell you that. Sorry I do not have rose colored glasses on, but that is the truth.

 

Also, if my argument and Swift's argument lacks, prove us wrong with facts. With the facts provided, especially by Swift, I have seen nothing of any sort to counter. Truth, once again.

761113[/snapback]

 

I don't come to this board to prove anyone wrong. Time will tell who is right. I don't have rose colored glasses either and I know how to read numbers. However, is not smart to call our fan base pathetic. Don't judge other people by what you do or are able to do.

 

The market is there and South Florida is growing at a very healthy rate. So, is your belief that people in South Florida sucks as fans? This is a baseball town, blah blah? Glad you don't run the Marlin's marketing department.

Can someone please lock this thread?

 

Things we've established: nothing.

 

Things we've accomplished:

 

An unnecessary line in the sand drawn by conspiracy theorists who think Wayne is investing serious money/effort in killing the Marlins stadium bill in Tallahasee (which, I think we've proven to be absurd, and unprovable).

 

An effective way to name call and make fans of more than one sport feel guilty, even though it may be the most absurd thing ever to suggest that being a fan of the Dolphins drives the Marlins out of business. The Heat and Marlins have more conflicting schedules, and the sister site of this board is a Heat board, maybe we should continue the witch hunt over there...

 

 

 

Oh, and for FreshFish, unless the sports world around the stadium goes through, Wayne probably benefits more from putting U2, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones in the stadium than having the Marlins there for 81 games, because he has to staff the concessions and ushers...those salaries are paid by the stadium. I think he's barely breaking even when all is said and done. Now, if we were getting consistent crowds of 40 K it would be a different story, but he has to overstaff the stadium for one that's generally at half capacity. So, I don't buy into the thought that he's trying to kill the bill to keep them at the Pro...

761115[/snapback]

 

 

Last time I checked there are 365 days in a year and baseball have the potential to be played 81+ 11 playoff days. How come I never see U2, Rolling Stones and other high profile events there? Maybe because they may get rained out? LOL

Can someone please lock this thread?

 

Things we've established:? nothing.

 

Things we've accomplished:

 

An unnecessary line in the sand drawn by conspiracy theorists who think Wayne is investing serious money/effort in killing the Marlins stadium bill in Tallahasee (which, I think we've proven to be absurd, and unprovable).?

 

An effective way to name call and make fans of more than one sport feel guilty, even though it may be the most absurd thing ever to suggest that being a fan of the Dolphins drives the Marlins out of business.? The Heat and Marlins have more conflicting schedules, and the sister site of this board is a Heat board, maybe we should continue the witch hunt over there...

 

 

 

Oh, and for FreshFish, unless the sports world around the stadium goes through, Wayne probably benefits more from putting U2, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones in the stadium than having the Marlins there for 81 games, because he has to staff the concessions and ushers...those salaries are paid by the stadium.? I think he's barely breaking even when all is said and done.? Now, if we were getting consistent crowds of 40 K it would be a different story, but he has to overstaff the stadium for one that's generally at half capacity.? So, I don't buy into the thought that he's trying to kill the bill to keep them at the Pro...

761115[/snapback]

 

 

Last time I checked there are 365 days in a year and baseball have the potential to be played 81+ 11 playoff days. How come I never see U2, Rolling Stones and other high profile events there? Maybe because they may get rained out? LOL

761121[/snapback]

 

Because they're touring at a time that directly conflicts with the Marlins schedule (at least in the case of U2 and the Stones). The Stones are playing at stadiums at just about every stop, and U2 just sold out the Meadowlands up in NY/NJ for 3 dates. They'd sell out the Pro if they were given the dates, but they're occupied by the Marlins.

 

Essentially what I'm saying is that huge cash cows (concerts) where Wayne takes a bigger percentage of the gate, the parking and the concessions for about 15 dates an off-season (figure, three big events) is more appealing to him than 81 games of floating at about break even (because, he has to pay the salaries for every person at Pro Player working for the stadium, and that includes, off the top of my head, the ushers, the security, the technicians, and the grounds-crew). I'm sure that those Tuesday through Thursday series agains the Brewers and Pirates even cost him money. I'm not sure why this is that hard to follow...guaranteed sellouts 15 times a year with a situation where Wayne makes out like a bandit as far as the money split goes is better than the situation Wayne has with the Marlins. Just because the lease is bad for the Marlins doesn't mean it's great for Wayne. Sure, he takes an exorbidant percentage of the parking and concession money, but he also has to pay the salaries of stadium employees, and pay for upkeep. Teams that make money off their stadiums (Yankees being one) make so much money because they get a big part of the stadium sales without having to pay for stadium upkeep, because they sold ownership of the stadium to the city. The fact that the Marlins routinely work at half capacity hurts both the leasor and leasee.

 

PS: Please, let me reiterate, I don't like Wayne, but I like false information even less. So please, come at me with facts, and I'll change my tune, but until then I refuse to be blinded by homerism...

Can someone please lock this thread?

 

Things we've established: nothing.

 

Things we've accomplished:

 

An unnecessary line in the sand drawn by conspiracy theorists who think Wayne is investing serious money/effort in killing the Marlins stadium bill in Tallahasee (which, I think we've proven to be absurd, and unprovable).

 

An effective way to name call and make fans of more than one sport feel guilty, even though it may be the most absurd thing ever to suggest that being a fan of the Dolphins drives the Marlins out of business. The Heat and Marlins have more conflicting schedules, and the sister site of this board is a Heat board, maybe we should continue the witch hunt over there...

 

 

 

Oh, and for FreshFish, unless the sports world around the stadium goes through, Wayne probably benefits more from putting U2, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones in the stadium than having the Marlins there for 81 games, because he has to staff the concessions and ushers...those salaries are paid by the stadium. I think he's barely breaking even when all is said and done. Now, if we were getting consistent crowds of 40 K it would be a different story, but he has to overstaff the stadium for one that's generally at half capacity. So, I don't buy into the thought that he's trying to kill the bill to keep them at the Pro...

761115[/snapback]

 

 

Last time I checked there are 365 days in a year and baseball have the potential to be played 81+ 11 playoff days. How come I never see U2, Rolling Stones and other high profile events there? Maybe because they may get rained out? LOL

761121[/snapback]

 

Because they're touring at a time that directly conflicts with the Marlins schedule (at least in the case of U2 and the Stones). The Stones are playing at stadiums at just about every stop, and U2 just sold out the Meadowlands up in NY/NJ for 3 dates. They'd sell out the Pro if they were given the dates, but they're occupied by the Marlins.

 

Essentially what I'm saying is that huge cash cows (concerts) where Wayne takes a bigger percentage of the gate, the parking and the concessions for about 15 dates an off-season (figure, three big events) is more appealing to him than 81 games of floating at about break even (because, he has to pay the salaries for every person at Pro Player working for the stadium, and that includes, off the top of my head, the ushers, the security, the technicians, and the grounds-crew). I'm sure that those Tuesday through Thursday series agains the Brewers and Pirates even cost him money. I'm not sure why this is that hard to follow...guaranteed sellouts 15 times a year with a situation where Wayne makes out like a bandit as far as the money split goes is better than the situation Wayne has with the Marlins. Just because the lease is bad for the Marlins doesn't mean it's great for Wayne. Sure, he takes an exorbidant percentage of the parking and concession money, but he also has to pay the salaries of stadium employees, and pay for upkeep. Teams that make money off their stadiums (Yankees being one) make so much money because they get a big part of the stadium sales without having to pay for stadium upkeep, because they sold ownership of the stadium to the city. The fact that the Marlins routinely work at half capacity hurts both the leasor and leasee.

 

PS: Please, let me reiterate, I don't like Wayne, but I like false information even less. So please, come at me with facts, and I'll change my tune, but until then I refuse to be blinded by homerism...

761133[/snapback]

 

 

Come to me with facts? I don't see the facts on your arguments, so why should we take your opinions as facts?

Can someone please lock this thread?

 

Things we've established:? nothing.

 

Things we've accomplished:

 

An unnecessary line in the sand drawn by conspiracy theorists who think Wayne is investing serious money/effort in killing the Marlins stadium bill in Tallahasee (which, I think we've proven to be absurd, and unprovable).?

 

An effective way to name call and make fans of more than one sport feel guilty, even though it may be the most absurd thing ever to suggest that being a fan of the Dolphins drives the Marlins out of business.? The Heat and Marlins have more conflicting schedules, and the sister site of this board is a Heat board, maybe we should continue the witch hunt over there...

 

 

 

Oh, and for FreshFish, unless the sports world around the stadium goes through, Wayne probably benefits more from putting U2, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones in the stadium than having the Marlins there for 81 games, because he has to staff the concessions and ushers...those salaries are paid by the stadium.? I think he's barely breaking even when all is said and done.? Now, if we were getting consistent crowds of 40 K it would be a different story, but he has to overstaff the stadium for one that's generally at half capacity.? So, I don't buy into the thought that he's trying to kill the bill to keep them at the Pro...

761115[/snapback]

 

 

Last time I checked there are 365 days in a year and baseball have the potential to be played 81+ 11 playoff days. How come I never see U2, Rolling Stones and other high profile events there? Maybe because they may get rained out? LOL

761121[/snapback]

 

Because they're touring at a time that directly conflicts with the Marlins schedule (at least in the case of U2 and the Stones). The Stones are playing at stadiums at just about every stop, and U2 just sold out the Meadowlands up in NY/NJ for 3 dates. They'd sell out the Pro if they were given the dates, but they're occupied by the Marlins.

 

Essentially what I'm saying is that huge cash cows (concerts) where Wayne takes a bigger percentage of the gate, the parking and the concessions for about 15 dates an off-season (figure, three big events) is more appealing to him than 81 games of floating at about break even (because, he has to pay the salaries for every person at Pro Player working for the stadium, and that includes, off the top of my head, the ushers, the security, the technicians, and the grounds-crew). I'm sure that those Tuesday through Thursday series agains the Brewers and Pirates even cost him money. I'm not sure why this is that hard to follow...guaranteed sellouts 15 times a year with a situation where Wayne makes out like a bandit as far as the money split goes is better than the situation Wayne has with the Marlins. Just because the lease is bad for the Marlins doesn't mean it's great for Wayne. Sure, he takes an exorbidant percentage of the parking and concession money, but he also has to pay the salaries of stadium employees, and pay for upkeep. Teams that make money off their stadiums (Yankees being one) make so much money because they get a big part of the stadium sales without having to pay for stadium upkeep, because they sold ownership of the stadium to the city. The fact that the Marlins routinely work at half capacity hurts both the leasor and leasee.

 

PS: Please, let me reiterate, I don't like Wayne, but I like false information even less. So please, come at me with facts, and I'll change my tune, but until then I refuse to be blinded by homerism...

761133[/snapback]

 

 

Come to me with facts? I don't see the facts on your arguments, so why should we take your opinions as facts?

761143[/snapback]

 

Why is the onus of proof on you? Because you're the one with the ridiculous conspiracy theory. I'm obviously not going to get through to you...look at your signature.

 

The thing is, just because something goes wrong with the Marlins, it doesn't mean that Wayne sabotaged them...lot's of stuff goes wrong, and lots of people who make decisions that affect the franchise (state legislature) aren't blinded by a love for baseball; they see millionaires seeking a handout when they already have one (yes, I know the specifics that it stayed with Wayne and not the team), and if they give the Marlins a "double-dip" teams from all over the state will start lining up asking for money for renovations. Can't you just accept that bad thing happens to the Marlins for many reasons, and one is because Loria and Samson have a bad reputation? His reputation as a bad owner, at this point I think unfairly, will follow him for a long time, and that makes people reluctant to deal with him. Don't forget, this is a guy who was sued by his minority partners from Montreal not too long ago. And, to top it all off, Samson went into the State Legislature last year and legitimately pissed some people off because he came up there expecting to find a rubber stamp for the deal, but the second he was questioned about the specifics, he could not produce blue-prints, you don't think that didn't turn some heads?

 

The second Wayne's hospitalized with Kryptonite poisoning from that ring of his ;) , I'll believe that his evil tentacles know no boundaries, but until then, understand that bad things happen every day, and despite what you may believe, Wayne's not the cause for all of them.

You two still haven't answer my question. Let me ask again, Does Wayne cares if the Marlins stays in JRS or not?

 

Based on your lengty answers that he will be better without the Marlins, I have to believe that you think or have the opinion that he wants the Marlins out of JRS.

 

Lets use logic here for a minute.

- Wayne tell the Marlins he won't renew the lease after 2010

- Miami-Dade County talks to Wayne about re-negotiating something with the Marlins. No Go

- Wayne tell the South Florida community that he will renovate JRS and put a ROOF, on top of that he said he will do it with his OWN money (right at the time where the Marlins were seeking public funding for the Stadium)

- Wayne tell Tom Lee he is willing to renew the lease to the Marlins. Right at a crucial moment in the stadium situation.

 

I guess one man's actions doesn't mean anything.

I don't know what's so ridiculous about the Wayne conspiracy theory to a certain extent.

 

Wayne: I'm kicking the Marlins out of DS in a few years, everyone. :D

 

*Notices competition's money making scheme gaining steam*

*Notices income he will lose*

 

Wayne: :shifty

 

*middle of the legislative session*

 

Wayne: Oh hey BTW forgot to mention this, we won't kick the Marlins out of DS, after all.

 

:shifty

 

*bills losses steam in Senate*

 

Wayne: :shifty :)

 

I'm sure Wayne knew that little announcement would only go good. :plain

You two still haven't answer my question. Let me ask again, Does Wayne cares if the Marlins stays in JRS or not?

 

Based on your lengty answers that he will be better without the Marlins, I have to believe that you think or have the opinion that he wants the Marlins out of JRS.

 

Lets use logic here for a minute.

- Wayne tell the Marlins he won't renew the lease after 2010

- Miami-Dade County talks to Wayne about re-negotiating something with the Marlins. No Go

- Wayne tell the South Florida community that he will renovate JRS and put a ROOF, on top of that he said he will do it with his OWN money (right at the time where the Marlins were seeking public funding for the Stadium)

- Wayne tell Tom Lee he is willing to renew the lease to the Marlins. Right at a crucial moment in the stadium situation.

 

I guess one man's actions doesn't mean anything.

761160[/snapback]

 

Since I'm assuming you're basing this off of the post from much earlier, I remind you, that was a year old.

 

Firstly, yes, I think Wayne wanted the Marlins out of the stadium last year, but since then, he's come up with a plan to put the "sports village" around the stadium, and hope to be a permanent home for the Super Bowl. (We'll see how that turns out). So, I'd say the desire to have the Marlins remain stems from having a tennant for the stadium from April-January (with the Super Bowl possibly in February), because he'd make a ton of money off of the constat flux in the new area, but the state of the stadium would probably be the same as it is, if not worse because the lease would have to become more favorable for the Marlins, meaning less for Wayne. But the permanent Super Bowl thing is a big if, and that pretty much is the hinge of everything regarding the Marlins being offered an extension by Wayne.

 

He said that he wouldn't renew the lease after 2010 before the sports village became a possibility, and he said that there would be no renegotiation last year. A year makes a big difference with a lot of things, the legislature's more receptive nature to the stadium being a prime example.

 

He also said that the roof would be coming on, but I don't see what that has to do with a hill of beans regarding wanting the Marlins in/out. Sure, they could have used it, but to my knowledge there have been no further advancements regarding the roof since he first proposed the idea at the owner's meetings. And, if memory serves, he explored putting the roof on in '96 when he still owned the team (around the time of his "Wayne's World" idea), but he found it so cost prohibitive that he backed away.

 

Also, I believe that Wayne said he was willing to renew the lease, but specifics of a new lease were never discussed, nor were they publically commented on by the Marlins, or Huizenga, I'm pretty sure the only person who said anything about this was Lee, so I'd say take it with a grain of salt. Lee wants to cut this thing down and putting this information (or misinformation) out there could undermine the strength of the Marlins plea (which was strengthened by them becoming a lame-duck franchise after 2010). I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying it's odd that it came out from a source that has nothing to do with the business side of the Marlins or Dolphins Stadium, and then it pretty much died after prolonged "no comments."

 

So, I still stand by my assertion that Wayne wants the Marlins out if the state of Dolphins Stadium does not change (no "sports village") so he can simply shut the thing down during the Dolphins off-season and fill it sporadically during the summer with high grossing concerts and other sorts of one time only events that will draw crowds. Remember, just because he's taking a lot of money out of the pockets of the Marlins doesn't mean he's taking in so much money that this is just too good for him to pass up. If a guy who made a ton of money off of garbage can't find a way to make this a true cash cow, you have to believe it's a pretty bad situation. But because he simply benefits from them not being there doesn't mean he's actively trying to undermine the progress made in the legislature. The Dolphins are light years ahead of any South Florida team regarding fan support/popularity (akin to the Yankees and any other New York franchise) that it's absurd to think that they want the Marlins gone all together. Huizenga, as I've stated earlier, is no different than any wealthy owner of the region's most popular team, and you don't see Steinbrenner trying to kill the Jets' bid for the West Side Stadium...

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out. :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out.? :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will not exist and Wayne'll be left with a tenant he doesn't want, so I'd say it doesn't make much sense for him.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out. :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will fall flat on its face.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

761228[/snapback]

 

fair, but I would like to know where did I say the "covers his tracks" comment

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out.? :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will fall flat on its face.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

761228[/snapback]

 

fair, but I would like to know where did I say the "covers his tracks" comment

761232[/snapback]

 

Your "partner in crime" Teal Shadow did.

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out. :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will fall flat on its face.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

761228[/snapback]

 

fair, but I would like to know where did I say the "covers his tracks" comment

761232[/snapback]

 

Your "partner in crime" Teal Shadow did.

761233[/snapback]

 

 

first of all, I'm not of the opinion that you should not support the Dolphins if you are a Marlins supporter. So you are wrong on that assumption.

 

Everyone have the right to root for whatever team they please. As I have said before, owners come and go and the cities, the team and its fans is what is left behind.

 

I don't care about the Dolphins, and I don't believe in Fairy Tales like "Sports Villages" :plain

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out.? :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will fall flat on its face.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

761228[/snapback]

 

fair, but I would like to know where did I say the "covers his tracks" comment

761232[/snapback]

 

Your "partner in crime" Teal Shadow did.

761233[/snapback]

 

 

first of all, I'm not of the opinion that you should not support the Dolphins if you are a Marlins supporter. So you are wrong on that assumption.

 

Everyone have the right to root for whatever team they please. As I have said before, owners come and go and the cities, the team and its fans is what is left behind.

 

I don't care about the Dolphins, and I don't believe in Fairy Tales like "Sports Villages" :plain

761239[/snapback]

 

Jeez man, learn to take a joke. You went from saying "fair" to trying to start another fight. Well, I'm done banging my head against a brick wall. If you want to have a sensible conversation where sarcasm isn't met with such rage, maybe we can talk, but I think it's beyond evident that you won't listen to anything I have to say, with my belief stemming from your signature, and extending to the fact that you meet anything I say with opposition.

This thread is like that 7 page argument I had with PhishPhan.

 

An absolute waste of time.

Wow, I can't believe so much flip flopping.

 

So first, he wants them out.

 

Second, he wants them in due to his "sports village" brilliant idea. Which is just a fairy tale carefully timed. Logic tells me that a sports village won't work without the Marlins, how come he didn't work something (or even talked) with the tenant that could keep sports 81+ days of the year at his facility?

 

The Super Bowl in Miami every year? I hope you didn't believe that one. That would be impossible, and there is no way the NFL and the owners will ever go for such a thing.

 

And third, you say that if the sports village doesn't materialize he still wants the Marlins out. :plain

 

So, if he wants them in due to this "Sports Village", then there is merit to the outrageous "Conspiracy Theories" and he wouldn't benefit by the Marlins having there own stadium

 

I'm done with these opinionated responses :plain

761211[/snapback]

 

Your done with my opinionated responses? I'm done trying to speak to a person who's responses are limited to "just because he covers his tracks doesn't mean it doesn't exist." :whistle

 

Any way, one more time: He wanted them out, now I'd assume that if this sports village is true, the Marlins have more value to him as a tenant (this, also, was speculated by the Herald), but the Marlins are not the key to the sports village, the Super Bowl becoming a semi-permanent attraction is the key. I never said every year, the proposal was to have it rotating among six warm weather cities that could properly attract and maintain a "Super Week."

 

The "sports village" is so far away from even being done (he'd have to get the NFL's approval first) that I'd assume he'd be spending the bulk of his time lobbying the NFL to have the Super Bowl proposal get the green light. If he pulls the carpet out from under the Marlins now, and doesn't get his Super Bowl proposal through, the sports village will fall flat on its face.

 

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand: Wayne wants them out, almost regardless of the situation, however, speculation is that if the Marlins fail to get the funding, Wayne'll give consideration to extending the lease, but it's not as if he's lining up with a new contract for the Marlins to sign. He knows that if they don't get funding from the state, they (the Marlins) will likely leave town or the state all together because Loria will be off the hook for the loan from MLB in the event the franchise relocates. Now, the fact that there's only a $30 million gap makes it likely that regardless of the outcome in the state, the Marlins, the City, and the County will kick in an extra $10 millino each (again, as has been speculated by the talking heads in the media). Wayne knows that by 2009 the Marlins will be out of Pro Player, and in a new stadium, somewhere.

 

I'm not quite sure how that's flip flopping.

761228[/snapback]

 

fair, but I would like to know where did I say the "covers his tracks" comment

761232[/snapback]

 

Your "partner in crime" Teal Shadow did.

761233[/snapback]

 

 

first of all, I'm not of the opinion that you should not support the Dolphins if you are a Marlins supporter. So you are wrong on that assumption.

 

Everyone have the right to root for whatever team they please. As I have said before, owners come and go and the cities, the team and its fans is what is left behind.

 

I don't care about the Dolphins, and I don't believe in Fairy Tales like "Sports Villages" :plain

761239[/snapback]

 

Jeez man, learn to take a joke. You went from saying "fair" to trying to start another fight. Well, I'm done banging my head against a brick wall. If you want to have a sensible conversation where sarcasm isn't met with such rage, maybe we can talk, but I think it's beyond evident that you won't listen to anything I have to say, with my belief stemming from your signature, and extending to the fact that you meet anything I say with opposition.

761240[/snapback]

 

 

Now I need to learn how to take a joke? Please

 

I won't listen to anything you have to say? How come you went to from Wayne wants the Marlins out and have Rock concerts in, to maybe he wants them in again with the "Sports Village", to he definately wants them out again.

 

At least I have kept my position at all times :thumbup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.