Team Chemistry

What do you guys about team chemistry this year?

I'm liking what I'm seeing . . . .

For example, Josh seems to always be the first out of the dugout when a run score. An AJ was huging Dontrelle after the game and seems sincerely happy for his team mate.

In addition , Delgado seems to be fitting very well.

They seems like a bunch of good guys.

Hopefuly it will last all year

These guys have been together for a while, and Leiter and Delgado are intelligent and vocal enough to fit in quickly. I think the question is going to become who is the unofficial "team leader" since we kind of lost that in Redmond (he was the guy that kept everyone loose), and Lowell's shown that he really isn't the ideal fit (judging by his comments to the media last year). Lowell's the local hero, but not the leader.

I hope we never have to deal with it, but it'll be interesting to see how this team resonds to a stretch when everyone is struggling. I mean, that's when chemistry is important, when everyone's struggling and the team's in a losing skid. I like what I'm seeing so far though...

Also, Beckett is friendly with Cabs, which surprised me.

765740[/snapback]

Why does that surprise you?

765742[/snapback]

In an interview one day, he said that most of the players come from another country, and so theres a lack of communication or something like that. I thought hed only talk to the guys who speak English. And with Cabs strong accent...

Also, Beckett is friendly with Cabs, which surprised me.

765740[/snapback]

Why does that surprise you?

765742[/snapback]

In an interview one day, he said that most of the players come from another country, and so theres a lack of communication or something like that. I thought hed only talk to the guys who speak English. And with Cabs strong accent...

765744[/snapback]

True. But I also saw an interview where he talked about how hard of a transition it is for Latin players because of the language and cultural differences and that he admired that... saying they were used to adversity already and that's why he had confidence that they wouldn't crumble under adversity in the playoffs (he was specifically talking about his teammates). I also heard he is very close with Armando... they talk on the phone on a regular basis. I guess they both love ranches and what not, so they have that in common.