Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Chemistry

Featured Replies

What do you guys about team chemistry this year?

 

I'm liking what I'm seeing . . . .

 

For example, Josh seems to always be the first out of the dugout when a run score. An AJ was huging Dontrelle after the game and seems sincerely happy for his team mate.

 

In addition , Delgado seems to be fitting very well.

 

They seems like a bunch of good guys.

 

Hopefuly it will last all year

Also, Beckett is friendly with Cabs, which surprised me.

A.J and Cabs are close too.

I saw A.J with DTrain yesterday.

The teams chemistry is okay, though I miss Benitez as a team member.

These guys have been together for a while, and Leiter and Delgado are intelligent and vocal enough to fit in quickly. I think the question is going to become who is the unofficial "team leader" since we kind of lost that in Redmond (he was the guy that kept everyone loose), and Lowell's shown that he really isn't the ideal fit (judging by his comments to the media last year). Lowell's the local hero, but not the leader.

 

I hope we never have to deal with it, but it'll be interesting to see how this team resonds to a stretch when everyone is struggling. I mean, that's when chemistry is important, when everyone's struggling and the team's in a losing skid. I like what I'm seeing so far though...

Also, Beckett is friendly with Cabs, which surprised me.

765740[/snapback]

 

Why does that surprise you?

765742[/snapback]

In an interview one day, he said that most of the players come from another country, and so theres a lack of communication or something like that. I thought hed only talk to the guys who speak English. And with Cabs strong accent...

Also, Beckett is friendly with Cabs, which surprised me.

765740[/snapback]

 

Why does that surprise you?

765742[/snapback]

In an interview one day, he said that most of the players come from another country, and so theres a lack of communication or something like that. I thought hed only talk to the guys who speak English. And with Cabs strong accent...

765744[/snapback]

 

True. But I also saw an interview where he talked about how hard of a transition it is for Latin players because of the language and cultural differences and that he admired that... saying they were used to adversity already and that's why he had confidence that they wouldn't crumble under adversity in the playoffs (he was specifically talking about his teammates). I also heard he is very close with Armando... they talk on the phone on a regular basis. I guess they both love ranches and what not, so they have that in common.

I have no idea what type of characters these players are, what makes them tick, how they view their teammates, etc.

 

Frankly I don't care.

Penny and Choi were good friends last season...now that's surprising...

765746[/snapback]

 

Why?

 

Neither one of them barely spoke english .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:p j/k

Penny and Choi were good friends last season...now that's surprising...

 

Miguelito and Hee Seop were best friends.

Winning is proven to help team chemistry. True not all winning teams got along e.g. A's of the 70's, but it is good to see the way these guys try to pick each other up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.