Nationals making noise, beat Marlins to punch

MrAndMrsFish

The Nationals following suit of the Mets and Phillies, made a trade sending Toma Okha to Milwaukee for former All-Star 2B Junior Spivey.

They also bolstered their bullpen or rotation for that matter by adding pitchers Ryan Drese, whom the Marlins had a supposed intrest in, and Jacobo Seuqea.

Marlins better scan the waiver wire, pretty intresting that the team that is owned by the rest of the league is claiming Drese's high price tag???

:hat

The Nationals following suit of the Mets and Phillies, made a trade sending Toma Okha to Milwaukee for former All-Star 2B Junior Spivey.

They also bolstered their bullpen or rotation for that matter by adding pitchers Ryan Drese, whom the Marlins had a supposed intrest in, and Jacobo Seuqea.

Marlins better scan the waiver wire, pretty intresting that the team that is owned by the rest of the league is claiming Drese's high price tag???

:hat

803760[/snapback]

That's an "ok" trade, not so amazing.

Anyways, welcome to the site!

Bad move for the Nats IMO -- Spivey hasn't been nearly the player he used to be -- and what happens when Vidro returns next month? They essentially gave up a solid pitcher (no matter how much F-Rob may hate him...) for a bench player.

Drese stinks, but he may do OK for them moving to a huge ballpark like RFK.

That being said...at least they're trying. Does Beinfest think Valerio De lo Santos is the answer? If you can't pull off a trade that makes sense then at least call up a major league ready kid and see if he can provide a spark (cough, Willingham, cough)

Prediction

Willingham out

Jorge Julio in

803912[/snapback]

why?

803918[/snapback]

Why get bullpen help? or why does this make sense?

Baltimore needs a catcher like whoa and forgive me for not having confidence in our ability to deliver a game to Todd. It looks like a win-win

803928[/snapback]

Josh Willingham is not a catcher. He just plays one on tv

Prediction

Willingham out

Jorge Julio in

803912[/snapback]

why?

803918[/snapback]

Baltimore needs a catcher like whoa and forgive me for not having confidence in our ability to deliver a game to Todd. It looks like a win-win

803928[/snapback]

803930[/snapback]

That makes me smile. But anyway he's been playing it on tv everyday for awhile now and I think they care more about upgrading their catcher's AVG above the .200 line then how many past balls and stolen bases they'll have to deal with. The Yankees aren't going to be in 4th all season.

Prediction

Willingham out

Jorge Julio in

803912[/snapback]

why?

803918[/snapback]

803928[/snapback]

803930[/snapback]

That makes me smile. But anyway he's been playing it on tv everyday for awhile now and I think they care more about upgrading their catcher's AVG above the .200 line then how many past balls and stolen bases they'll have to deal with. The Yankees aren't going to be in 4th all season.

803936[/snapback]

I guess

The Nats picked up nothing the Marlins needed. There's not much on the waiver wire the Marlins need. We have the relievers, although the ones with protected jobs aren't getting the job done. We have the rotation, but it is the thinnest part of the squad. We have the starting bats and good bats on the bench an minors.

803930[/snapback]

*cough*LoDuca*cough* *cough*LaRue*cough*