John Kruk on ESPN Motion

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Guest FlummoxedLummox

ESPN motion has a Baseball Tonight roundtable that asks the question "who should Major League baseball promote as the face of the game?" Peter Gammons says Albert Pujols and Harold Reynolds, Derek Jeter. John Kruk agrees with both as being good choices, but if he were to add a third he said Maguel Cabrera. Miguel is awesome and his potential is through the roof, but I wouldn't have expected anyone in the national media to suggest him as the "the face" of the game. If any young Marlin were to be suggested I would have thought Dontrelle for sure, but that's pretty nice national endorsement for Miguel.

If you wanna check it out for yourself go to the MLB section of espn.com, then click on the "other videos" link in the ESPN Motion section.

I would buy Dontrelle, but not Miguel Cabrera. He's a great player but I have yet to see him do a national commercial or get any real national exposure. I also don't know if he has a lot of Charisma which I'm sure you'd need to have if you were to be the face of anything.

I would buy Dontrelle, but not Miguel Cabrera. He's a great player but I have yet to see him do a national commercial or get any real national exposure. I also don't know if he has a lot of Charisma which I'm sure you'd need to have if you were to be the face of anything.

813805[/snapback]

Cabs can't even speak English properly. If you're going to be the face of a sport you need to do a lot of talking and promoting and Miggy is a long way from being able to handle that.

It should be Dontrelle if anyone...This a completly unracial statement, and I am the last person in the world who would be racist, but the fact that he is an african-american is another thing. There are not very many african-american pitchers in the league, and he is proving himself to be one of the best, if not the best, pitchers in the league.

It should be Dontrelle if anyone...This a completly unracial statement, and I am the last person in the world who would be racist, but the fact that he is an african-american is another thing. There are not very many african-american pitchers in the league, and he is proving himself to be one of the best, if not the best, pitchers in the league.

815154[/snapback]

Sorry to sound negative here, but I am waiting for Willis to fall apart like everyone else on this team.Heck he is due! Let's see what kind of stuff he is made of while pitching on National tv (Fox) tomorrow/today. Yes, he's been our "stopper" and when is a better time to keep it going then under pressure,on the road,on Fox tv, and with the Fish counting on him more than ever with Beckett out and Leiter looming on Sunday?! Huh, anyone? :whistle

Let's see who else can have their effing turn falling apart? Come on, we challenge you Dontrelle :thumbup

Let's get thru LA with at least one win and then take care of Atlanta and Tampa and let's get a 7-5 road trip. I'll take that but nothing less...otherwise we will be around 6 games out coming home.

It's definitely not Cabrera, not even top 5 or 10.

On our team right now, it's definitely Dontrelle. If we still had Pudge, it would be him. Even though he was here only for one season, he was an instant star and became an automatic South Florida icon and he did it on the national stage during the playoffs and afterwards, then he disappeared into a hole that is know as Detroit.

815154[/snapback]

Sorry to sound negative here, but I am waiting for Willis to fall apart like everyone else on this team.Heck he is due! Let's see what kind of stuff he is made of while pitching on National tv (Fox) tomorrow/today. Yes, he's been our "stopper" and when is a better time to keep it going then under pressure,on the road,on Fox tv, and with the Fish counting on him more than ever with Beckett out and Leiter looming on Sunday?! Huh, anyone? :whistle

Let's see who else can have their effing turn falling apart? Come on, we challenge you Dontrelle :thumbup

Let's get thru LA with at least one win and then take care of Atlanta and Tampa and let's get a 7-5 road trip. I'll take that but nothing less...otherwise we will be around 6 games out coming home.

815173[/snapback]

Someone needs to turn that frown upside down.

:mischief2

Guest Juanky

It's definitely not Cabrera, not even top 5 or 10.

On our team right now, it's definitely Dontrelle. If we still had Pudge, it would be him. Even though he was here only for one season, he was an instant star and became an automatic South Florida icon and he did it on the national stage during the playoffs and afterwards, then he disappeared into a hole that is know as Detroit.

Pudge didn't bring people to the ballpark in 2003, Dontrelle did.

Just saying.