Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumor

Featured Replies

If anyone is willing to take on Mike Lowell's contract its definitely something this front office has to think about even if whats coming back isn't much but I would probably do a Church for Lowell deal straight up at this point. If he comes out of this slump great...I would wish him the best, but this team has far too much money invested in this man for him to perform as poorly as he has. It would be pretty easy to replace Mike Lowell on the field with Cabs moving to 3rd and Enc/Niner/Hermida/Church possibly filling in the last two outfield spots.

 

That said I still would give Lowell every chance to break out and wait until the trade deadline or maybe even the offseason to deal him, but something will have to be done eventually.

if you trade lowell perhaps we can sink his 8-9 mill into AJ for next year.

 

I know the yanks still like him. Perhaps we can do an AJ/Lowell trade for Sheff instead of Enc? Put Lowell at 1b there for them :shrug

never know. But, I dont want mikey gone. Come back to us Mikey!

I've been as frustrated by Mike Lowell as anyone and pondered why he has performed so poorly for nearly a year now, but I would point out in the last seven days (ESPN:source) Mike has hit .318, which seems like a step in the right direction.

 

Even though his power may never return, his glove is worth alot, as his leadership (not looking to start the old "leadership" debate here), and if he can continue to hit anywhere near what he's done in the last week, this team will be better off for it.

I've been as frustrated by Mike Lowell as anyone and pondered why he has performed so poorly for nearly a year now, but I would point out in the last seven days (ESPN:source) Mike has hit .318, which seems like a step in the right direction.

 

Even though his power may never return, his glove is worth alot, as his leadership (not looking to start the old "leadership" debate here), and if he can continue to hit anywhere near what he's done in the last week, this team will be better off for it.

846061[/snapback]

if he's not going to put up power #'s he's no good to us at what he's making........

I've been as frustrated by Mike Lowell as anyone and pondered why he has performed so poorly for nearly a year now, but I would point out in the last seven days (ESPN:source) Mike has hit .318, which seems like a step in the right direction.

 

Even though his power may never return, his glove is worth alot, as his leadership (not looking to start the old "leadership" debate here), and if he can continue to hit anywhere near what he's done in the last week, this team will be better off for it.

846061[/snapback]

if he's not going to put up power #'s he's no good to us at what he's making........

846065[/snapback]

 

I was simply trying to be objective and give the guy credit for hitting well in the last week.

 

Given a choice of a Mike Lowell batting .225 and 3 HRs and a Mike Lowell batting .318 and 3 HRs, I'll take the latter.

 

If you think I'm arguing for keeping him or validating him in any way, I'm not. Just giving the guy his due for good work in the last week.

i find it funny. all the stress and threats a year ago about him leaving unless they get a stadium and he gets an extension. you would think we were trying to resign f***in A-Rod.

 

fact is we could have gotten alot more for him a year or 2 ago.

 

i know this has no relevance but just something i wanted to get off my chest. obviously noone can predict a slumping year.

i find it funny. all the stress and threats a year ago about him leaving unless they get a stadium and he gets an extension. you would think we were trying to resign f***in A-Rod.

 

fact is we could have gotten alot more for him a year or 2 ago.

 

i know this has no relevance but just something i wanted to get off my chest. obviously noone can predict a slumping year.

846076[/snapback]

 

No one could have predicted this dropoff. Even an admitted juicer (Giambi) is outproducing Lowell in just about every important category, and this is with drug testing...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.