July 9, 200521 yr The Marlins have 0 errors the last 4 games..I bet i just jinx'd it :mischief 847295[/snapback] Nope, I am definitely the real jinx. I lost us tonight's game.
July 9, 200521 yr :plain The stat fielding errors are pretty much useless. They're only assigned to players who have the range to get to those balls
July 9, 200521 yr Enc showed us in 2003 that you can avoid errors by making no effort at all. 847629[/snapback] That's what got Ryne Sandberg into the HOF.
July 9, 200521 yr Enc showed us in 2003 that you can avoid errors by making no effort at all. 847629[/snapback] That is just BS. Enc has excellent range and gets very good reads and jumps on the balls. He has kind of a lumbering way of running in the OF and he catches the ball with such ease it can easily be misinterpreted as not trying hard. I often watch some of the balls he tracks down and remember when Cabrera was playing out there. Enc catches balls into the gap that Cabrera would just watch roll to the wall. Enc has speed. How about that triple he legged out with a head first slide into 3B the other night when Carlos Lee misplayed his hit to LF? I would hardly call that making no effort at all. That was a key run in our comeback.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.