Fish Getting Healthy

Boog Sciambi

Tuesday Valdez was activated off the disabled list and will not return to the rotation immediately though..

Josh Beckett is likely to star this weekend against San Francisco

Antonio Alfonseca is about a week away from returning to our bullpen.

maybe things could start to get interesting? (positive thinking)

Good stuff.

The addition of Valdez, Beckett and Alfonseca is going to help immensely.

So who gets sent down?

Smith for sure.

Probably De Los Santos as it looks like he has run out of gas. If that happens then do we keep either Olsen or Vargas as a lefty out of the pen, eventhough they are being groomed as starters?

And how about Messenger? He looks like he needs more seasoning in the minors as well.

There are many options here. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think Alfonseca is the BEST news out of the 3. He can be a 7th and 8th inning man switching duties w/ Mota. That moves De Lo Santos down to the 5th and 6th innings along w/ Bump. So we have 6 finger for 7, mota for 8 and jones for 9. So all we need is our starters to go 6 and as long as their last name isnt Lieter it shouldn't be a problem.

Valdez will help because it will give us some flexability in the rotation w/ Olsen.

I have to admit Beckett doesn't really strike up a lot of enthusiasm from me. Don't get me wrong, I want him in the rotation. But I am a victim of the "What have you done for me lately?" desease. He started April and May hot. Ever since then its been injuries and inconsistency. I think i heard Tommy Hutton on TV last night say that Beckett and Burnett are identical in the fact that you never know what you are going to get from them day in and day out. Which is true. But lets be honest here, we kind of need to get these young guys out of the rotation and get some vets in there that know what it takes. But it's nice to see that we have them there if we need them and that our pitching future is bright.