A look at the next 6 games

I'm not a fan of those sayings of "Must-win" games when the season still has a month and a half to go, but to me the next 6 games WILL determine this season's fate. These are the reasons why the next 6 game will be important:

- Marlins playing weak opponents:The Marlins are playing the Giants and the Pirates in the next 6 games. 2 teams that are below .500 and can be beaten VERY easily. The excuses are finished, we used them all up during the first half of the season. A team like the Marlins MUST win both series. Not just do "well" in the series, but be great. I'm talking about going at least 4-2, and even that is bad. I feel we need to go 5-1. The offense has played well so far this half of the season and we MUST be great in these series to be true contenders.

- Nationals will continue to struggle: Unless the Nats make any MAJOR moves, I believe the Nats will continue to play bad in their next 6 games. They play Houston, who has won 5 straight and is starting to heat up, and then start a series against the Braves, who tend to play strong this year. The Wildcard is a strong possibility for the Fish and during the Nats/Braves series, as long as we win, we will be GUARANTEED to make ground because the Nats and Braves are playing each other, so one of those teams will lose each night

- Nearing the trade deadline: The trade deadline is 8 days away as of today, July 22. I truly believe that if the Marlins play great during the next 6 games, which is very, very possible, the Front Office WILL keep AJ and Lowell, and might possibly do a trade thats makes us stronger in the pen.

If we play bad in these next 6 games, our season is done. AJ will most likely be traded, and even though that wouldn't mean we are sellers, I find it hard to be able to make it to the post season with just Willis, a injury-prone Beckett, a decent pitcher in Moehler, and a couple of rookies. Especially with how our offense has played. Hopefully we can get hot, and keep AJ!!!!

Did you read my post, Ramp????? I said 4-2 would be ok, but 5-1 is almost a must at this point.

870536[/snapback]

my bad, totally skipped that line

anyway, Im going to disagree that going 4-2 is a must(I realize you said 5-1 is almost, so I figure 4-2 is definite)

all that matters is that we dont lose ground/gain ground

Can we please not make any predictions as to incur the jinx??????

870539[/snapback]

Im not saying that we WILL go 5-1, or 4-2 in our next 2 series, I'm just saying we NEED to go 5-1, or 4-2. I don't believe the Marlins have 100% possibility of accomplishing this, I just feel it is almost neccesary at this point.

and one more thing....

PNC and SBC has been a playground of horrors, 2-4 is almost a victory lol

870544[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY what I mean!!! I hate to jump on ya Ramp, but I truly believe the excuses are over!!! We have some of the best leadoff guys in the NL on our team, Cabs and Delgado, the best catcher in the NL IMO, and other good bats. Enough with how scared we our of the West, BIG DEAL. It is time for the Marlins to step up. At this point of the season, Playoff teams start to seperate themselves from the pretenders. Playoff teams beat the sub .500 clubs, play balls to the walls, and get the job done! These series are crucial for the Fish.

I agree with you Brandman. There isn't enough time left for any more excuses. We do need to go at least 4-2 in these 6 games. Contrary to the numerous rumors circulating, I don't believe the the FO is planning right now to trade AJ, but if we go 2-4 in these 6 games, and lose more ground on the Braves, they may rethink this and AJ may go. Hello Bigbie! And I agree if we go 4-2 or 5-1 and gain ground you may be saying goodbye to one of our pitching prospects. Hello Guardado?

I agree with you. I wonder if the Marlins go into stadiums like PNC and SBC already feeling a sense of dread? Because, really, I can't think of an actual reason why they would struggle there continually...I'm thinking it must be their mindset