Congratulations Anthony Reyes

Admin

Like I said, it's nice to see the Cards finally using that pitching depth they have in the minors. Reyes, Thompson, Haren last year. And I know it is an exciting thing to see, the same feeling we get watching Vargas and Olsen. My only negative comment is: He is a weird lookin dude.

Anthony Reyes k's Ankiel from Memphis Record Books

Today just a couple minutes ago Anthony Reyes' return to Memphis was remarkable. Guess what he does..

7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 15 K, 0 HR..

Why is this special you ask...

The Memphis Redbirds record for strikeouts in a game was 14 by Rick Ankiel.. Not anymore. History was made today..

Sad thing is.. He's not gonna win as Wes Obermueller is pitching great and it's 0-0 after 7 and appears Anthony is done for the day. He went past his pitch count..

What's up with Wainwright? When is he planned on getting to the majors?

902283[/snapback]

Wainwright is struggling very badly recently. He may have a bit to go. He was pitching awesome earlier this year but seems to have worn down. That was the case with Reyes and he's on a pitch count now. If they can ever last a full year they'll both be up.. I just think Reyes has the way better potential.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.