Accolades

Flag Man

Figured I'd find our forum this morning stuffed with accolades.

Mucho for A.J. What an incredible performance (and he's going to the head of the class for attitude and "plays well with others.")

And Aguila and Treanor. Git'rdone. From knot-holes on the bench to spark plugs.

The playing time that Conine, Aguila and Treanor are getting will really pay off the rest of the season. (Unless Jack completely forgets them when our wounded warriors get back. I'm anxious for JP to get a day off and Aguila provide that break in CF.)

And Jack "tweaked" the line-up including moving Cab's to the 3rd slot with Niner (not Lowell) covering his back. If we have to keep Lowell playing 3B, at least keep the batting pressure off of him.

GO MARLINS.

I have nuttin to hold back, I though AJ pitched a gem

and the young kids (Aguila and Treanor) and the savy veteran (Conine) have provided this team with a big lift with all the walking wounded this team has.

Jack did a nice job with the lineup last night and lets keep the W's rolling against the crappy a** NL west please.

GO FISH!!

I have accolades for many players... and definitely the ones you mentioned. I was at the game yesterday and it seemed like very few of the players were low-energy or looked dejected from the double header sweep. They seemed fine. I had a view into the clubhouse and the players seem to be joking around a lot. I also have some accolades (as always) for Miggy... they were giving him nuttin to hit and he was patient at the plate. I know that a lot of people think Josh is a brat, but I think it's just immaturity or just having a temper (which a lot of people have). When the lady in the stands was hit by Shawn Green's broken bat both Josh and Carlos got up immediately and tried to make sure the lady was okay. Josh stood around for quite a while (even during the next play) to see if she was okay and then gave that group of people a baseball when he went to sit down. He and Carlos were the only ones in the clubhouse that got up to see if she was okay... I think that says something about them.

I loved the exchange between AJ and Jack about finishing the game last night, as written in the AP account of the game:

Following the eighth inning, Marlins manager Jack McKeon asked Burnett if he wanted to finish. Burnett emphatically said he did.

``Be my guest,'' McKeon said.

I've always been a fan of AJ's but he's really seemed to turn a corner after the All-Star break and shown a commitment to this team, regardless of what happens in the offseason.

I loved the exchange between AJ and Jack about finishing the game last night, as written in the AP account of the game:

Following the eighth inning, Marlins manager Jack McKeon asked Burnett if he wanted to finish. Burnett emphatically said he did.

``Be my guest,'' McKeon said.

I've always been a fan of AJ's but he's really seemed to turn a corner after the All-Star break and shown a commitment to this team, regardless of what happens in the offseason.

897171[/snapback]

He probably knows that its now or never to make a good impression for those contract talks in the offseason. But I like to think its something else

AJ has been pitching just as he has of late...like a stopper. He has been winning BIG games...something I knocked him for not doing in the past. Maturity as a pitcher ws key for AJ..I think he learned a lot from Pavano last season. Great game.

Prais Jack for batting a hot hitter behind Cabrera? Umm..yea it only took him almost two weeks to do so. Yea, I'll praise that.

But the positives past AJ lead to a bigger question.

1. Treanor is showing he is very capable behind the plate and at bat. I'd like to se LoDuca get more rest these next few weeks so he is at full strength the final few weeks. Assuming LoDuca returns this weekend we will have approx 45 games left. I'd like for Treanor to catch ten of those. It's not such a bad thing to have a bat like LoDuca's waiting on the bench for a big situation. The goal is rest an to keep him strong.

2. Aguila. I am not saying replace Pierre. But, if when everyone returns Pierre is still slumpinmg bigtime isnt it time to give Aguila some at bats in CF?

3. Conine. When everyone returns how is he benched? How can you not bring Juan E back in the lineup?

2B Castillo

CA LoDuca

3B Cabrera

1B Delgado

RF Encarnacion

LF Conine

CF Aguila

SS Gonzalez

If the goal is to get the best bats in the lineup then when everyone returns is this not it?