Blockbuster's no latefee's policy backfires

Rune

How many times Lefty?

And btw, the price for a rental at Blockbuster of a non-release movie is absurd now as well...I found that out today...

900675[/snapback]

Probably 50 times a day for the last 150 days...

Patience is a virtue.

And ya, 4.76 per dvd is rediculous. Movie pass is a great asset if you get movies often.

900676[/snapback]

Explain this moviepass to me...

Oh, do I have to?

Fine...

The movie pass allows you unlimited rents per month. You can take two movies at a time, and as long as you return those two, you can get two more (and so on). You can keep the movies for as long as you want, or come back 10 minutes after you rent them to get more.

It's 24.99 (soon to be 29.99 in most stores) per month, with no contract. The month starts the day you get it, and it automatically charges the monthly fee to the credit card you initially give to them.

No contract, unlimited rents, and at 24.99, it's worth about 5 movies. If you normally get at least 5 movies within an entire month, it's a good deal for you.

The movie pass applies to all movies (2 day and one week), but not games. There is a separate 'game pass' (same idea) for 19.99 (soon to be 24.99) per month.

Holy crap, that is awesome.

I rent alot of movies down here from Blockbuster and that would really help my wallet out in the future...thanks for the heads up.

900687[/snapback]

They shoulda told you about it when you go. But ya, it's a good deal.

I just left yesterday, so thankfully I never have to talk about that again!

Netflix still owns. The selection is a million times better.

900709[/snapback]

Ya I love it when people come into Blockbuster, and when they get the movies, they say--

"Wow, Netflix is so much better than you."

I was a part-time employee at Blockbuster...I hate it when people think I care that much about the company :)

I returned a movie the day I was told to by the phone call (a week after it was due, no reason, just lazy) and I still got a notice that it had been charged for $20 to my account. I never gave them my credit card for precisely this reason, but Im sure its on my account. That is, if I ever went back there, which I have not.

Netflix still owns. The selection is a million times better.

900709[/snapback]

I was quite skeptical about Netflix and after paying like $40 for 4 movies which I had to return like in the next 42 minutes (HA!), I decided to go with Netflix. I have the $15.99 (I think or $14.99) plan which allows me three movies out at a time with unlimited movies per month. This way, when I finish watching a movie, I ask around my house who else wants to see it. If no one opts, then back it goes and I get another one with the quickest turn around I've ever seen. It literally takes 1-2 days. The other movies I keep as long as I need to view them.

Great deal and the movies are always available. You can even que movies not yet released. I qued Mr & Mrs Smith and as soon as it becomes available, I'll get it.

Cool beans.

Blockbuster Online is great if you rent a lot of movies

I had netflix in college and definitely prefer Blockbuster Online - I get my movies quicker and I get 2 in-store rentals

The price just jumped to $17.99, but it's still a good deal

The selection is great, not too many videos have long waits (I think the only thing I ever waited for was ECW DVDs).

Plus the kicker is the 2 in-stores. This is where it trumps netflix in my opinion.

With netflix, you always had to wait on the mail. Even if they turned it around quickly, you had to wait on the mail.

With the 2 free in store rentals, if I am waiting on a DVD to come in, or if I get stuck on the weekend or if I just want to pick up a movie on a whim I take the coupon to the store and pick out whatever I want.

I absolutely love the program.