August 22, 200521 yr I watched the show religously over the years and I can easily call it one of the best series of all time. The finale was breathtaking and yes, I cried like a little baby at parts, especially the end. It reminds you of your life and your family so it got to me quite easily. So, does anyone watch SFU?
August 22, 200521 yr Yeah I watch it, great series, although the last season was so incredibly depressing that I'm almost glad that it's over, despite the fact that the show was excellent.
August 23, 200521 yr I just finished watching this...like the credits are rolling right now. I thought this last season was excellent. I wasn't really all that excited about the new season, since Season 4 was kind of lame, but they worked it out. The finale was a little too schmaltzy at parts, which is a line that the show rarely crossed, but still it was great, and the sequence at the end was amazing. Although I'm sorry Keith had to go down the way he did. Claire was probably my favorite TV character ever (apart from Season 4, where she kind of sucked). I'm glad she got to live another 80 years...which seems like a ridiculous amount of time, considering she's basically my age. I can't imagine living another 80 years. But there was no one at her bedside when she died, so I don't know what was up with that.
August 23, 200521 yr Claire was probably my favorite TV character ever (apart from Season 4, where she kind of sucked). I'm glad she got to live another 80 years...which seems like a ridiculous amount of time, considering she's basically my age. I can't imagine living another 80 years. But there was no one at her bedside when she died, so I don't know what was up with that. 911898[/snapback] Claire was my favorite too, with Nate a close second, even though most folks seem to hate him. I noticed a woman sitting in the room with Claire when she died, but I guess it was a nurse. I guess when you live to 101 and don't have any kids, you outlive everyone who would be at your bedside. I thought it was more sad that she died nearly blind from cataracts, when she'd made a living taking beautiful photos. HBO's website has obits on all the major characters...nice way to see what happened to some of the other folks (like David and Keith's sons).
August 23, 200521 yr Claire was probably my favorite TV character ever (apart from Season 4, where she kind of sucked).? I'm glad she got to live another 80 years...which seems like a ridiculous amount of time, considering she's basically my age.? I can't imagine living another 80 years.? But there was no one at her bedside when she died, so I don't know what was up with that. 911898[/snapback] Claire was my favorite too, with Nate a close second, even though most folks seem to hate him. I noticed a woman sitting in the room with Claire when she died, but I guess it was a nurse. I guess when you live to 101 and don't have any kids, you outlive everyone who would be at your bedside. I thought it was more sad that she died nearly blind from cataracts, when she'd made a living taking beautiful photos. HBO's website has obits on all the major characters...nice way to see what happened to some of the other folks (like David and Keith's sons). 911931[/snapback] The photos were kind of strange too. Almost all of them were taken over the length of the series, which makes wonder what she did over the next 80 years. Except there was one that I could swear had 70 year-old David with his arm around Keith's 35 year-old ghost. I'll have to go back and see.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.