Mike Vick

Admin

Jake D is not my boy, he is a better QB than Vick(and, like Vick, only has two NFL seasons as a starter and took his team to a superbowl, in his first year no less, some place Vick has never been).? And last year, which was a down year for Carolina overall, Jake D blew Mike Vick out of the water statistically, it wasn't even close.? Jake D is closer to being a winner than Vick, I cant see Vick leading 3 consecutive drives in the Superbowl totaling 251 total yards.? Vick doesn't have Jake D's passing ability, which would make something like that for Vick nearly impossible.

915930[/snapback]

Wait a minute, you toot Brady's horn and he does not put up great stats for being a winner, but then you toot Jake Delhomme's horn for his great stats even though he has never won anything, you can't have it both ways. Don't act like Delhomme has been so much more of a winner for getting to the Super Bowl when Vick has been to an NFC title game, ooo Delhomme got one game farther.

And if Delhomme isn't your boy why do you call him Jake D, is it because you don't know how to spell Delhomme?

EDIT: Btw, Vick has been to the playoffs twice, Delhomme once.

915938[/snapback]

Yep, I can spell Delhomme. I wish Carolina could somehow get Brandon Stokely, get the UL-L connection going on, but I dont see Indiana letting him go(saying Peyton Manning earlier made me think that).

We had this argument already

Let it go!

Your right we did, and I proved Delhomme was a better QB. And you keep saying "Vick has been to the playoffs twice in two season and Delhomme has been once", and completely neglect that Carolina was banged up the whole season and got a total of 9 games out of it's top offensive performers(Smith, Davis, Foster, and Muhammad). In the second half of the season last year, Delhomme threw 17 TD's and 4 interceptions. He threw more TDs in 8 games than Vick did all season.

Jake D is not my boy, he is a better QB than Vick(and, like Vick, only has two NFL seasons as a starter and took his team to a superbowl, in his first year no less, some place Vick has never been).? And last year, which was a down year for Carolina overall, Jake D blew Mike Vick out of the water statistically, it wasn't even close.? Jake D is closer to being a winner than Vick, I cant see Vick leading 3 consecutive drives in the Superbowl totaling 251 total yards.? Vick doesn't have Jake D's passing ability, which would make something like that for Vick nearly impossible.

915930[/snapback]

Wait a minute, you toot Brady's horn and he does not put up great stats for being a winner, but then you toot Jake Delhomme's horn for his great stats even though he has never won anything, you can't have it both ways. Don't act like Delhomme has been so much more of a winner for getting to the Super Bowl when Vick has been to an NFC title game, ooo Delhomme got one game farther.

And if Delhomme isn't your boy why do you call him Jake D, is it because you don't know how to spell Delhomme?

915938[/snapback]

Yep, I can spell Delhomme. I wish Carolina could somehow get Brandon Stokely, get the UL-L connection going on, but I dont see Indiana letting him go(saying Peyton Manning earlier made me think that).

Let it go!

Your right we did, and I proved Delhomme was a better QB. And you keep saying "Vick has been to the playoffs twice in two season and Delhomme has been once", and completely neglect that Carolina was banged up the whole season and got a total of 9 games out of it's top offensive performers(Smith, Davis, Foster, and Muhammad). In the second half of the season last year, Delhomme threw 17 TD's and 4 interceptions. He threw more TDs in 8 games than Vick did all season.

915956[/snapback]

Wow you really proved you can spell his name, you quote my post that has his name in it 4 times and then say ooo i can spell his name. I kept saying Vick has been to the playoffs twice? That was the first time I even brought it up. Guess what injuries are a part of football things happen, Nick Goings really struggled in place of those 2 running back last year! So did Colbert in place of Smith! And Muhammad wasn't hurt. Injuries are an excuse, every team has them.

915930[/snapback]

915938[/snapback]

Let it go!

915956[/snapback]

Wow you really proved you can spell his name, you quote my post that has his name in it 4 times and then say ooo i can spell his name. I kept saying Vick has been to the playoffs twice? That was the first time I even brought it up. Guess what injuries are a part of football things happen, Nick Goings really struggled in place of those 2 running back last year! So did Colbert in place of Smith! And Muhammad wasn't hurt. Injuries are an excuse, every team has them.

915959[/snapback]

Muhammad was hurt, he just came back and played way over his ability level and everyone forgot. I dont think him leaving will be that big of a loss, having Smith a whole year, Ron Gardner coming over from Washington, and of course Keary Colbert...his production can be replaced. Cant forget about Proehl either. Rickys a savvy vet. As for Goings, if you really think he replaced the production of Foster and Davis your reaching. He was Carolina's second string fullback. Colbert has a bright future and will probably pave the way for getting rid of Steve Smith, he's not good enough yet, but possibly. Adding Mike Williams, old battery mate at USC, would of helped.

I am not necessarily a Panther fan...the Panther/Patriot superbowl was the last thing I watched before I came home from Iraq(stayed up late to watch it, in a mess hall, got on a plane to Turkey about 4 hours after it ended). I also forgot to mention Taylor Stubblefield will turn into a good option at WR, as well as Drew Carter, the duo from Louisville in HB Eric Shelton and QB Stefan Lefors, Stubblefield, Peppers, Gaines(TE), Colbert, and Chris Gamble....building for the future quite well.

Guest FishFanInPA

Maybe he should move to HB for a game or two and let Schaub QB so they can actually get production through the air.

915773[/snapback]

Worst comment of the year.....Vick has more talent then Delhomme and is a better QB. Delhomme has given his teams as many super bowl wins as Vick...and if your gonna use that as your main factor then their both equal.

Maybe he should move to HB for a game or two and let Schaub QB so they can actually get production through the air.

915773[/snapback]

Worst comment of the year.....Vick has more talent then Delhomme and is a better QB. Delhomme has given his teams as many super bowl wins as Vick...and if your gonna use that as your main factor then their both equal.

916071[/snapback]

Michael Vick was 21st in NFL passer rating last season(Jake D 12th), 26th in passing yards(Jake D 7th), 24th in passing TDs(Jake D 5th), Michael Vick had 3215 total yards-2313 passing, 902 rusing(Jake D had 3957-3886 passing, 71 rushing), Michael Vick had 17 total TD's-14 passing 3 rushing(Jake D had 30-29 passing, 1 rushing).

So, Jake D was ahead of Vick in passer rating(87.3 to 78.1), passing yards(3886 to 2313), passing td's(29 to 14), total yards(3957 to 3215...and had more yards through the air than Vick had total yards), and total TDs(30-17, also Jake D had more passing TDs than Vick had total TDs). Jake D also took his team to the Super Bowl in his first season under center as a starter, Vick has made it to the NFC championship game. On top of all that, Vick was sacked the second most of any NFL qb...so please, once again when comparing these #'s, how is Michael Vick better? Or are you just going to use the "HE JUST IS!" defense? Because nothing you can say will prove Vick is better, while I can prove Delhomme is better, and have. Oh, and also, Jake Delhomme, in the second half of the season...yes I will reiterate...had 17 passing TD's and 4 INTs...that is in 8 games...Mike Vick had 14 passing TD's all season. I really dont get why you all think Vick is better when you have no way to prove it and in fact have been proved erronous in your statements.

Guest FishFanInPA

915773[/snapback]

916071[/snapback]

Michael Vick was 21st in NFL passer rating last season(Jake D 12th), 26th in passing yards(Jake D 7th), 24th in passing TDs(Jake D 5th), Michael Vick had 3215 total yards-2313 passing, 902 rusing(Jake D had 3957-3886 passing, 71 rushing), Michael Vick had 17 total TD's-14 passing 3 rushing(Jake D had 30-29 passing, 1 rushing).

So, Jake D was ahead of Vick in passer rating(87.3 to 78.1), passing yards(3886 to 2313), passing td's(29 to 14), total yards(3957 to 3215...and had more yards through the air than Vick had total yards), and total TDs(30-17, also Jake D had more passing TDs than Vick had total TDs). Jake D also took his team to the Super Bowl in his first season under center as a starter, Vick has made it to the NFC championship game. On top of all that, Vick was sacked the second most of any NFL qb...so please, once again when comparing these #'s, how is Michael Vick better? Or are you just going to use the "HE JUST IS!" defense? Because nothing you can say will prove Vick is better, while I can prove Delhomme is better, and have. Oh, and also, Jake Delhomme, in the second half of the season...yes I will reiterate...had 17 passing TD's and 4 INTs...that is in 8 games...Mike Vick had 14 passing TD's all season. I really dont get why you all think Vick is better when you have no way to prove it and in fact have been proved erronous in your statements.

916079[/snapback]

Numbers don't tell the whole story.....you must be one of those nerds who lives and dies by the numbers....the most important number is titles and if someone who hasnt won any isnt good...then please tell these Dolphin fans that Marino isnt good. Vick is a better QB then Jake Delhomme....Vick has also had less the talent at WR then Delhomme whose had good WR's....who the heck has Vick thrown to other then Crumpler....sadly your wrong here.....of course there is one other argument as to why you think this way but i'll leave it at that :whistle