August 20, 200323 yr for The English Language? Valley Girl implanted the word like into our language forever. While Rap has made millions of people talk like a fool. I'm just curious what everyone thinks.. Which is worse? Yeah I like went to Walmart and like looked for cool shoes like the ones Christina wore. or... Yo I be a 14 yer whit kd from da bad sectin ov Belair. Word to yo momma.
August 20, 200323 yr Rap. No doubt. At least with Valley Girl talk, you can still generally understand the words.
August 20, 200323 yr funny topic. I'd agree with rap. There is nothing more annoying than some scrawny little peckerwood (i just wanted to say that word) tryin to sound black, when the only black guy he knows of is Colin Powell.
August 20, 200323 yr The problem isn't the music, its the effect of the music on the people who listen to it. If you take the music with a grain of salt, then its not all bad.
August 20, 200323 yr of course...but rap has still influenced people in a worse way. I have no problem listening to rap...in fact I enjoy it. But I cant stand listening to white kids talkin like theyre 50 cent.
August 21, 200323 yr It's not rap the music that has done this it's the slang that the rappers use. Rap is a form of music which is basically poetry with a beat to go along with the flow of the words or vice versa. Not all rap includes slang. But yes the RAPPERS have damaged the language used in kids these days. Nothing annoys me more then to hear a wealthy,spoiled white child saying "ain't" and "cuh".
August 21, 200323 yr ain't existed before rap. Yes, but you didn't hear wealthy surburban kids using the term purposley.
August 21, 200323 yr yea i agree, rap has made alot of people look like fools. Most of the rap out there is "fake gucci" anyways ike suge knight says. Suge knight is right though on alot of things. 2Pac, outlawz & suge knight & most of death row has the credibility and they are "real gucci". The rest of those losers just talk alot of crap and is just the same junk over and over. Who cares about how much money you have or how many women you have. People are getting duped with this sh*tty music. Just take a look at that odoms post on the board... it gets me pissed everytime i read it... Dont get me wrong, I'm not a big rap fan or whatever, I just like real music. No stupid or fake sh*t. Just realism. heres one interview with suge knight.. any of his interviews are awesome. Thats a man that can back up anything he says without playing games. Whatever he produces is real rap. no g*y sh*t. http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:4lCJz...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.