Two players we should pursue

Admin

With Willingham's move to C, and Pierre about to be dealt, we have holes in LF, CF, and 2B. Hopefully the Pierre trade will fill one of those holes with a certain Robinson Cano. Anyway, I think we could fill the other two in one fail swoop...

Joey Gathright and Jonny Gomes. Both are young(22 and 25 I believe), cheap(3 years of MLB experience combined), and exciting to watch.

Would it be bad to part with, say, Hernandez, Petit, Tyler, Sanchez, or say if we deal Pierre to the Yanks and get Henn back as well...I could part with one of them, and another younger prospect in our system, if it gets those two back. Gomes hit .282 with 21 HR last year BTW.

CF-Gathright

SS-Ramirez

RF-Hermida

3B-Cabrera

1B-Jacobs

C-Willingham

LF-Gomes

2B-Cano

Lineup looks sexy to me.

I didnt say cheap to acquire, I said cheap to maintain.

The D-Rays have outfielders growing on trees down in Tampa it seems like, Upton is probably ready to move to the OF as well.

It would take maybe Petit and Henn if we acquire him, and maybe another pitcher, but I mean seriously, this is why we have stockpiled so much pitching...to make moves like this.

With Willingham's move to C, and Pierre about to be dealt, we have holes in LF, CF, and 2B. Hopefully the Pierre trade will fill one of those holes with a certain Robinson Cano. Anyway, I think we could fill the other two in one fail swoop...

Joey Gathright and Jonny Gomes. Both are young(22 and 25 I believe), cheap(3 years of MLB experience combined), and exciting to watch.

Would it be bad to part with, say, Hernandez, Petit, Tyler, Sanchez, or say if we deal Pierre to the Yanks and get Henn back as well...I could part with one of them, and another younger prospect in our system, if it gets those two back. Gomes hit .282 with 21 HR last year BTW.

CF-Gathright

SS-Ramirez

RF-Hermida

3B-Cabrera

1B-Jacobs

C-Willingham

LF-Gomes

2B-Cano

Lineup looks sexy to me.

NO WAY WE TRADE ANIBAL SANCHEZ AND YUSMEIRO PETIT. IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AND NO POINT TO IT.

It contains two players that would be hard to acquire. Cano and Gomes.

If the Yanks dont get Damon, dont be suprised to see them overpay for Pierre, a player The Boss likes.

And we have a log jam of excellent young pitching. I didn't say trade Petit and Sanchez. But if those two helped us fill a hole in the field, which is a more pressing need and why I believe we stocked up on pitchers in the first place, why not do it.

It contains two players that would be hard to acquire. Cano and Gomes.

If the Yanks dont get Damon, dont be suprised to see them overpay for Pierre, a player The Boss likes.

And we have a log jam of excellent young pitching. I didn't say trade Petit and Sanchez. But if those two helped us fill a hole in the field, which is a more pressing need and why I believe we stocked up on pitchers in the first place, why not do it.

See what many of you don't understand is that we are not trying to build a winning team for next year. The FO is thinking stadium first and starting winning by 2008. At this point it will be retarded trading for Cano, Gomes and Gathright who either are unproven or have only had only good first year and there teams will be aksing for moon for them. Look at some Rookies who have had good years and have sucked since or not lived up to expectations: Todd Hollandsworth, Angel Berroa, Ben Grieve, Eric Hinske, Boh Hamelin, etc..... At this point its better just taking a chance with what we got and buld from the draft and smart low key free agent signings. Good Ex: Cleveland and Oakland Bad Ex: Tigers, Reds, Mariners

But if you could be competitive before 2008, why not try? It wont take the moon to get Gathright, and as I said, if the Yanks lose out on Damon they would potentially overpay for Pierre since the boss loves him. Gomes seems like the hardest to acquire, and for Petit or Sanchez and another minor leaguer might be all it takes for that.