Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AJ Hawk Wins Lombardi Award

Featured Replies

Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk has captured the 2005 Lombardi Award, given annually to the top lineman or linebacker in college football.

 

Hawk, a semifinalist for this award last year, led the Buckeyes in tackles in each of the last three seasons. The senior registered 60 solo tackles, 7.5 sacks, one interception and scored a touchdown this season.

 

He is the first Buckeye finalist since Andy Katzenmoyer in both 1997 and 1998, and the fifth OSU player to win the award.

 

Hawk joins former Buckeyes Jim Stillwagon, who won the inaugural award in 1970, John Hicks, who won in 1973, Chris Spielman, who won in 1987, and Orlando Pace, who is the only repeat winner in 1995 and 1996.

 

"The only reason I am here is because of the 10 guys I play around every day," said Hawk, who was the 36th winner of the Lombardi Award. "I play around some of the best players in college football and I think I just represent them. I'd like to thank the other finalists. Any of them could have won it. I appreciate it. It is a huge honor and I thank you."

 

Hawk beat out Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil, Texas defensive tackle Rod Wright and Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny for the award.

 

Georgia's David Pollack was the recipient of the Lombardi Award last year.

 

Ohio State will play Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl on January 2.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/cf...articleID=79809

 

Congrats AJ!

  • Author

That's f***ing BS

 

Paul Posluszny should have won it and everyone knows it. They just hate Penn State.

 

:lol

AJ Hawk just secured himself a top 10 pick.

He was already on Kiper's board around 5 or so, which already guaranteed him a top ten pick. This is just icing on the cake.

 

Penn State fans make me laff!

AJ Hawk just secured himself a top 10 pick.

 

 

he will be top 5

 

Best defensive player coming out this year.

 

Williams might be second, the CB

Ngata after that

 

But Hawk is the best coming out. I wish the fins could get him :(

 

If he didnt get it I could of understood Mario Williams getting it. But AJ is the best fit I think (and I hate Ohio state)

AJ Hawk just secured himself a top 10 pick.

 

 

he will be top 5

 

Best defensive player coming out this year.

 

Williams might be second, the CB

Ngata after that

 

But Hawk is the best coming out. I wish the fins could get him :(

 

If he didnt get it I could of understood Mario Williams getting it. But AJ is the best fit I think (and I hate Ohio state)

 

If Mario Williams comes out he is the best defensive player coming out and the first off the board, especially after he puts on a show at the combine.

 

Book it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.