Differences???

orlumeca

The Montreal situation and the Florida situation are vastly different. With Montreal, you had a market in Washington D.C. that already had a stadium, a large amount of sports fans, and a strong desire from the population for a team. With the current Marlins situation you have none of that at this point. There is no city in the running right now that can provide a baseball ready stadium to house 40,000 fans, and if one were to begin building tomorrow, it would take years. Also, all the markets that the Marlins may move to are considerably smaller than the South Florida market. I believe the Marlins wont leave Florida for these reasons. The Marlins wont leave South Florida not because the current situation in Miami isn't bad,it is horribe, its just that every other market available is much smaller, and really there is no where to put the Marlins at this point. Las Vegas will never happen, and I think Portland and the N.C. markets aren't a big upgrade in situations, even if hardly anybody shows up to the games now. Untill a city makes a SERIOUS run at this team, which hasn't been done yet and doesn' look like it will happen yet, the Marlins will be "stuck" in Miami untill maybe, somday, we can get a new stadium.

He is refering to a post I made. Cabrera (Vladdy), and Willis (Vasquez), the rest old vets, with upcoming rookies. Expos always sold their big names after grooming them, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Valddy Guererro (left as a free agent), Javier Vasquez, and Many Many Many more. We do the same thing here in Florida. Our record is going to be the same as before they left to DC. Same Owner, same GM, same situation.