Heat sends pair to NBDL

MrAndMrsFish

MIAMI (AP) Forward Dorell Wright and center Earl Barron were sent by the Miami Heat to the team's NBA Development League affilate on Tuesday.

Wright and Barron will begin practicing with the NBDL's Estero, Fla.-based Florida Flame on Wednesday, and will be eligible to play when the Flame hosts Austin on Thursday.

Wright appeared in eight games with Miami this season, averaging 1.6 points and 1.5 rebounds in 6.4 minutes per game. He was the 19th overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft, entering the league straight out of South Kent Prep.

Barron has appeared in three games with Miami, averaging 0.7 points and 0.7 rebounds in 2 minutes per game. He's been sidelined with a lower back stress fracture, and signed with the Heat after a strong showing with their entry in the Long Beach Summer Pro League.

Intresting move by the Heat to get these kids some playing time...with Payton stepping up and playing like the Payton of old it gives Dorrell some PT and seasoning playing every night and same with Barron with Shaq and Doleac playing again....this kid can be a monster in a few years

am sorry but i dont see wright being a good player in this league, the kid is sloppy looks lost all the time, his jumper is ugly. I know he's young and hopefully proves me wrong but untill then i think he's a bust...As for Barron with hard work i see him being a good back-up center.....

am sorry but i dont see wright being a good player in this league, the kid is sloppy looks lost all the time, his jumper is ugly. I know he's young and hopefully proves me wrong but untill then i think he's a bust...As for Barron with hard work i see him being a good back-up center.....

we just have to be patient with him, some HS players take longer to develop that others

case in point Jermaine O'Neal

• 2 weeks later...