Iranian President Hopes For Sharon's Death

Passion

Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that Israel be "wiped off the map."

"Hopefully, the news that the criminal of Sabra and Chatilla has joined his ancestors is final," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by the semiofficial Iranian Students News Agency.

Ahmadinejad was referring to Sharon, who as defense minister in 1982 directed Israel's ill-fated invasion of Lebanon. An Israeli commission found him indirectly responsible for a massacre of Palestinians in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps by Christian Phalangist soldiers.

Iran's official media, including state-run radio and television, did not report Ahmadinejad's remarks about Sharon.

"Hopefully, others (criminals like him) will join him too," ISNA quoted Ahmadinejad as telling a group of clerics in Qom, a holy city 80 miles south of the capital, Tehran. He spoke a day after the 77-year-old Sharon suffered a massive stroke and underwent surgery.

In the last two months, Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a "myth" and said if Europeans insist it did occur, then they should give some of their own land for a Jewish state, rather than the one in the Middle East. He also called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_on_...israel_sharon_1

Crazy wacko Muslim and crazy wacko Christian agree on something:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/05/robertson.sharon/index.html

When will that clown go away? Seriously. I love how all the people continue to pay him and love him. Even though he has made treasonous comments (See hoping for Supreme Court Justice death). The guy is a whackjob.

Not to say Iran's president isn't either. I hope he dies. I hope radical islam dies. There.

:plain

Why is anything Pat Robertson says news worthy? He's a nutjob.

It's good for a few laughs at least.

Not only did he want Supreme Court justices to die, he said so on TV, and actually PRAYED for it. Some Christian he is.

This Iranian president should join Robertson in the Wackjob Hall of Fame.

How can this guy seriously be in charge of a country? :blink:

Because these views are the same as the majority of its populace.

Unfortunately, yes.

Maybe, but the population is still much more liberal than its leaders.

I would hope so, since some of the clerics in Iran are stuck in the 10th century.

How can this guy seriously be in charge of a country? :blink:

Because these views are the same as the majority of its populace.

Unfortunately, yes.

Maybe, but the population is still much more liberal than its leaders.

I would hope so, since some of the clerics in Iran are stuck in the 10th century.

Jews and Muslims got along in the 10th Century.