Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sources: Cubs nearing deal to trade Patterson to O's

Featured Replies

On Sunday, the Baltimore Sun reported that the Orioles were no longer the favorites to acquire Corey Patterson from the Cubs. By Monday, that had changed.

 

According to multiple sources, the Cubs and Orioles were closing in Monday on a deal that would send the center fielder to Baltimore for two minor-leaguers, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reported. The deal could be finalized later Monday.

 

Patterson, who became expendable when the Cubs acquired Juan Pierre from the Marlins on Dec. 7, hit .215 with 13 homers and 34 RBI in 2005. In six career seasons, all with the Cubs, Patterson has 70 homers and a .252 average.

 

 

 

 

Source

The O's are about to do something incredibly stupid.

 

 

Wouldn't be the first time...

 

:whistle

  • Author

Trade is now official according to the AP

 

To Baltimore

Corey Patterson

 

To Chicago

 

SS Nate Spears

LHP Carlos Perez

WOW, I disagree with all of you, I am extremely high on Corey Patterson, guy has tremendous upside, and he is one of the main prospects I have followed....good luck COREY!

I dont know how long you wait on a player with 'potential' and the Cubs made the best move they could do I believe. I just think he still has that chance to do something.. He just hasnt lived up to the high expectations. Sometime's that happens.. Doesnt mean he cant turn it around and be a nice player..

I dont know how long you wait on a player with 'potential' and the Cubs made the best move they could do I believe. I just think he still has that chance to do something.. He just hasnt lived up to the high expectations. Sometime's that happens.. Doesnt mean he cant turn it around and be a nice player..

 

 

I'm still waiting on Todd Van Poppel and Brien Taylor.

Potential better show up by the time you enter your arbitration years.

 

Patterson is yet another example of a talented ballplayer promoted before he was able to learn the game.

Patterson has, for brief amounts of time in previos years, shown he has an ability to play in this league. The guy just never knew his role in 2004 and 2005 because the Cubs kept toying with him and trying to make hima leadoff hitter, which unfortunately he wasn't. If players never got second chances with a change of scenery, a lot of good players would have never happened. Sammy Sosa failed in two organizations before he burst out with the Cubs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.