January 10, 200620 yr ESPN reports that the Dolphins, Detroit and New York Jets have interest in Tampa Bay's Chris Simms, who is to become a restricted free agent. If the Buccaneers couldn't reach agreement on a long-term contract extension with Simms before the start of free-agent signing, Tampa Bay would have the right to match any offer he signed elsewhere or receive draft-choice compensation. Chris Simms Tim Couch Steve McNair Daunte Culpepper David Carr Am I missing anyone?
January 10, 200620 yr Do it! Gruden supposedly like Griese a lot. I agree it would be dumb of them to get rid of him, but if they do, I hope Saban makes a run at him.
January 10, 200620 yr Ugh, if Tampa likes Griese more, what does that say about Simms? And you could probably throw Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers onto that list. Of course Jay Cutler/Brady Quinn (is he declaring, I don't remember) in the draft. But damn, that's a promising list! I'd be willing to take a risk with Carr. Only McNair if we draft Cutler. And only Culpepper if Linehan stays, I guess. Couch is a tossup for me.
January 10, 200620 yr Well Carr can be taken off the list cause the Texans have already said that they are going to pick up an $8 million dollar option on the QB and that is why they are going the Reggie Bush (if he declares) route with the first overall pick so the list looks like McNair Culpepper Simms Brees/Rivers Cutler Quinn (if he declares) Omar Jacobs (as a later option) Tim Couch (who has already worked out)
January 10, 200620 yr only way Jacobs should be on there is if he is sitting there in the 3rd or 4th (which I doubt). But, he wont be a 1st rounder to miami as he doesnt fit our system. I am starting to think though we are going LT in the 1st. Mueller has a tendancy to draft QBs low and LT's high. Here are some others David Carr would be very high on the dolphins list if Houston decides to select a QB Jamarcus Russel LSU QB if he declares early would get interest. He is built perfect for this system. Good pocket passer Charlie Whitehurst QB should be there in the 3rd or 4th Drew Stanton QB injury problems but great tools and should be there 3rd or 4th (junior) There is a few more at least to consider for now
January 10, 200620 yr Tampa doesn't liek Griese more. Of course teams are going to be interested in Simms, he is a RFA, but he isn't leaving Tampa. Tampa doesn't liek Griese more. Of course teams are going to be interested in Simms, he is a RFA, but he isn't leaving Tampa.
January 10, 200620 yr Ugh, if Tampa likes Griese more, what does that say about Simms? And you could probably throw Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers onto that list. Of course Jay Cutler/Brady Quinn (is he declaring, I don't remember) in the draft. But damn, that's a promising list! I'd be willing to take a risk with Carr. Only McNair if we draft Cutler. And only Culpepper if Linehan stays, I guess. Couch is a tossup for me. Well don't expect either Brees or Rivers. Brees because he's going to be coming off of a major shoulder surgery and Rivers is the insurance policy in all of this. Brady Quinn hasn't declared yet, but if he does, expect Cutler to drop down a bit more.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.