Fantasy:TOP20 CATCHER for 2006

I think there's no doubt Willingham will hit. It's how much that is the question. IMO, his potential is a very good slugger over the next 4-6 years and nothing more. That's nothing to scoff at though.

Ideally I'd like Aguila in CF, Willingham splitting time between LF and C, and Olivo/Treanor, Cepicky, Helms and others grabbing the rest of the time.

I think there's no doubt Willingham will hit. It's how much that is the question. IMO, his potential is a very good slugger over the next 4-6 years and nothing more. That's nothing to scoff at though.

Ideally I'd like Aguila in CF, Willingham splitting time between LF and C, and Olivo/Treanor, Cepicky, Helms and others grabbing the rest of the time.

They need to bring in some sort of veteran OF, or a young guy who can play like Gathright. Ideally, I want a Hermida, Gathright, Aguila/Willingham OF or a Hermida, Vet/Aguila, Willingham/Vet/Aguila/Helms massive LF platoon, with Josh catching 60+ games to see if he can satisfy that position longterm. They need another guy who can play CF that isn't named Reed or Abercrombie. I don't think Aguila can start full time. I don't mind him getting 400 AB to prove he isn't a bench OF in the bigs, especially with the low expectations of 06 team, but they need another body in the outfield pretty badly.

I really want to see Helms play, too. Could Wes play in left or is he too slow? I know he is an atrocious third baseman, but we could use his bat somewhere. First? But then where can you move Duncan? Girardi is a smart guy, I'll let him figure it out.

omgclosetyankeesfan

I really want to see Helms play, too. Could Wes play in left or is he too slow? I know he is an atrocious third baseman, but we could use his bat somewhere. First? But then where can you move Duncan? Girardi is a smart guy, I'll let him figure it out.

omgclosetyankeesfan

:thumbup , that one left me scratching my head too. Lol, I actually went and searched the transaction wire to see if the Fish had acquired someone I missed.

willy doesnt deserve to be in the top 5 and probablly not even top 10, especially ahead of pasade, pudge, molina and AJ

AJ Pierzynski?.... He isnt exactly an offensive wiz, nor is Bengie Molina

now of course Willingham hasnt even gotten 150 at bats in a season, but still, Molina and Pierzynksi arent in Posada's and Pudge's lead