Bullpen

Hotcorner

How do you see the Marlins bullpen shaping up? And has spring training changed your mind on anyone? I'm assuming they'll go with a 7-man pen. There will likely be at least one guy competing for the starting rotation who gets thrown into the pen instead. Could be Mitre, Johnson, Nolasco, etc.

I think so far Herges & Ligtenberg are on track to securing spots.

Bowyer's struggled. While I don't think spring training stats alone should make or break you, he may not even make the pen at this rate.

Also I'm not sure why Randy Messenger keeps getting penciled in. I know he's young but he hasn't looked very good, nor did he in limited appearances last season. I think even Bump or a Mitre/Nolasco could jump ahead of him. Maybe even Kensing but he's looked shaky in ST too. Just not much to pick from.

Herges

Ligtenberg

Bump

Mitre/Nolasco

Kensing/Messenger

Resop

Borowski

After last night, I felt it a good idea to bump this thread, given that I think the weakness of this team was really highlighted in yesterday's game.

It was clear to me that neither Bowyer or Messenger deserve to be with the big club out of ST. I feel that going with a majority of veterans with Resop is the way forward. I think we have the starting pitching and the lineup to carry us well (let us not forget we had Leiter Fluid for half a season in the rotation, along with a very shaky bullpen outside of Jones) but the bullpen will be the real issue.

I would take:

Borowski

Lightenberg

Herges

Resop

Tank

Moe/Mitre/Nolasco/Olsen

Nate 'Cult' Bump

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.