I just met Ty Law

He goes to my job ALOT. I work at the coldstone in Plantation, I heard he lives in hawks landing, he comes by the store alot and I always happen to serve him. He leaves us pretty big tips too! He's always on his cell phone too (celebrities always seem to be on one in public). I know what he wants by heart already (small chocolate nothing mixed-in), he usually asks for me! A couple guys I work with recognize him but never any customers.... :whistle

thats freaking nice man, take a pic next time

Don't do that. That's incredibly lame.

It's probably nice for him to go somewhere and not having people hound him for autographs.

I used to see Chappelle before he got big all the time in Yellow Springs, Ohio. His parents apparently teach at the self-grading, hippy college there. This was before the Chappelle show actually hit the air and he was of Half Baked fame. But, nobody went out of their way to be all crazy about seeing him, though.

NFL players who don't play QB or RB usually don't have to worry about getting mobbed by fans. Wearing a helmet during games makes it very hard to have a recognizable face, though there are exceptions, of course. In that sense, individual NFL players aren't particularly marketable...NBA players, on the other hand...

I mean, hell, if I were to walk into a room with Ty Law in it, I sure as hell wouldn't recognize him unless he had his helmet and jersey on.

shaq - good point

i've met some NFL guys and a lot of times they are unassuming

basketball guys are recongizable, tall and really stand out

a lot of football guys, aside from being in great shape, look pretty normal and you really don't get to see that much of their face with the helmet being on

Guest ShaqandWade323

Tim Ruddy came into Blockbuster last year a couple times, and so did LB Pope. I recognized both, but only because I'm a hardcore fan :D

Holy crap, same here. I was at a condo and he was with his kids so I didn't bother him, he was my favorite o-lineman though.

Tim Ruddy came into Blockbuster last year a couple times, and so did LB Pope. I recognized both, but only because I'm a hardcore fan :D

Holy crap, same here. I was at a condo and he was with his kids so I didn't bother him, he was my favorite o-lineman though.

It was before the '04 season, and apparently he knew he was going to be released...but I was telling him how I had season tickets and that I was a big fan (typical fanatical talk). He didn't say anything about it, but I found out later on that he wouldn't be playing for them.

Also, there are several other 'celebrities' that come in once in a while--Candice Cameron (and her hubby Valeri Bure); Magglio Ordonez came in a couple times; a couple of other actors (one guy from 'Analyze This').

But ya, most of them live in Hawk's Landing, so Vizcaya/Promenade is likely their local stomping grounds for necessities.