Petit!!!!!!!!

Marlins97+03WC

Petit called up...Mitre to DL

source rotoworld.com

Interesting. So I guess this means Ricky will be staying in the pen for the time being. We'll probably find out tonight, at any rate.

PITTSBURGH (Ticker) - The Florida Marlins on Saturday placed righthander Sergio Mitre on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.

Mitre, 25, threw just three pitches in the first inning of Friday's 12-9 loss at Pittsburgh before leaving with discomfort in his shoulder.

Acquired in the offseason deal which sent Juan Pierre to the Chicago Cubs, Mitre is 1-4 with a 4.89 ERA in seven starts this season.

In a corresponding move, the Marlins recalled righthander Yusmeiro Petit from Class AAA Albuquerque. The 21-year-old prospect was acquired with first baseman Mike Jacobs in the trade which sent Carlos Delgado to the New York Mets. In seven outings with Albuquerque, Petit went 2-3 with a 4.69 ERA.

Source -- http://www.rotoworld.com/content/story.asp...B&storyid=21787

From what I hear, he isn't deceiving anyone. And he gives up the longball...

Don't celebrate just yet. Although tis' nice to give the youngns a shot. I can't wait for the Cannibal.

If he gets rocked or not, hes still going to get some MLB experience which he needs.. Like you said it is nice to give the yougns a shot! Cannibal is another stud!

On Marlins On Deck, Girardi just said Petit is being moved to the pen and Nolasco is going to get Mitre's place in the rotation. I am definitely in the Nolasco camp and look forward to seeing what he can do as a starter.

boo :thumbdown

I liked Nolasco in the pen better.

On Marlins On Deck, Girardi just said Petit is being moved to the pen and Nolasco is going to get Mitre's place in the rotation. I am definitely in the Nolasco camp and look forward to seeing what he can do as a starter.

I'm with you. My prediction is that Ricky pitches well enough that he keeps his spot in the rotation when Mitre comes back. Moehler will be the odd man out.

I have no problem with Ricky getting a shot in the rotation, but why call up our top starting prospect just to move him to the pen? For the record, making the level jump might result in his getting rocked several times before he gets it and I hope the Marlins are patient when he is up for good.

I have no problem with Ricky getting a shot in the rotation, but why call up our top starting prospect just to move him to the pen?

I guess they don't think any of the middle relievers were ready for a callup. Carlyle's numbers looked good to me. Maybe they want to see how Yusmeiro fares against MLB batters out of the pen before moving him into the rotation this season.