May 14, 200620 yr On page 2C (Sports) in todays (05/14/06) Sun-Sentinel it makes reference to an announcement in tommorow's paper (05/15/06) in regards to a stadium update.
May 14, 200620 yr Maybe they are just referring to the May 15th San Antonio deadline? If they knew of some kind of stadium announcement i'd think that they would have an article about it, trying to scoop the other papers.
May 14, 200620 yr It's an ad for an article that's coming tomorrow about the positive stadium rumblings of late. It doesn't talk about an announcment coming tomorrow. Here's the exact wording (I'm bolding what the ad is bolding): Marlins Stadium Update Could a good-news announcement be on the horizon? Tommorow in Sports Then the ad has a picture of Miguel Cabrera. The ad is right under another ad for "Working Out, Feeling Good." I don't suspect there will be anything new tomorrow in the Sun-Sentinel, just them finally catching up to everything that y'all already know.
May 14, 200620 yr Author :o :o :o Can you find someway to post it on the forum? I dont know how. :confused Sorry. :confused Its in Broward edition of today's Sun-Sentinel. It's an ad for an article that's coming tomorrow about the positive stadium rumblings of late. It doesn't talk about an announcment coming tomorrow. Here's the exact wording (I'm bolding what the ad is bolding): Marlins Stadium Update Could a good-news announcement be on the horizon? Tommorow in Sports Then the ad has a picture of Miguel Cabrera. The ad is right under another ad for "Working Out, Feeling Good." I don't suspect there will be anything new tomorrow in the Sun-Sentinel, just them finally catching up to everything that y'all already know. I understand that there is a possiblilty that's its not a "new" announcement but the word "announcement" is used in the text. :whistle
May 14, 200620 yr I understand that there is a possiblilty that's its not a "new" announcement but the word "announcement" is used in the text. :whistle They say that an announcement is "on the horizon" not that the announcement is coming tomorrow in the Sun-Sentinel. My guess is that it's about the San Antonio deadline and Hialeah's hopes for an announcement sometime this month. It seems unlikely to me that the Sun-Sentinel of all papers is going to have a meaningful announcement about the stadium and if they did have such a scoop, that they'd sit on it for a day, giving the Herald and Post a chance to get and announce the same info. I'm thinking that at best, they might say that the Marlins are going to make a statement that they're letting the San Antonio deadline pass to focus on local options. I can't imagine that the Marlins are actually going to make an announcement in the Sun-Sentinel. I've been wrong lots of times before though so maybe the Sun-Sentinel does have something new that they have to sit on until tomorrow (or tonight online).
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.