Original SW Trilogy Box Art

Bradcore

Guest Fritz

I was really excited about this until I heard it was non-anamorphic widescreen.

:plain

I really have NO CLUE what you just said.

What's the difference?

Non-anamorphic widescreen = Small rectangular image within a black border on all sides

Anamorphic widescreen = Small black bars only on the bottom

I have no problem whatsoever with widescreen, I'm a huge proponent of it, but I just HATE the idea of having it in a box when I have a widescreen TV optimized for movies. Lucas just being an a**hole, I suppose. He'll probably sell a different anamorphic version in a year or so.

I was really excited about this until I heard it was non-anamorphic widescreen.

:plain

I really have NO CLUE what you just said.

What's the difference?

Non-anamorphic widescreen = Small rectangular image within a black border on all sides

Anamorphic widescreen = Small black bars only on the bottom

I have no problem whatsoever with widescreen, I'm a huge proponent of it, but I just HATE the idea of having it in a box when I have a widescreen TV optimized for movies. Lucas just being an a**hole, I suppose. He'll probably sell a different anamorphic version in a year or so.

Yeah, that's stupid.

See on my tv you can mess with the screen choices.

So, there's one with bars on the right and left of the screen (non-anamorphic), regular old anamorphic (thanks Phyl for the vocab lesson), uh, I want to say there's one that cuts off either the top letterbox or bottom letterbox (NO idea why), 16x9 and Cinerama. I find putting it on Cinerama solves ALL problems.

Guest Fritz

What's the point of these now?

These are the original cuts, previously only the digitally enhanced version was available.

These are actually the cuts from the Laserdiscs of the early 90s. This isn't the original 1977 version.