Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Star Game

Featured Replies

Cabs will be the only Marlin there.. Uggla gonna get robbed

 

It depends....

 

Utley will be there starter, so if they take 2 2nd baseman and Brandon Phillips goes over Uggla I don't think you can call that being "robbed".

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...sortByStat=POS&

 

Now if 3 go, and Uggla doesn't go, then yes he got robbed.

2B more deserving than Phillips:

Utley

Uggla

Kent

Carroll

If Phillips makes it, that's a joke

-----

Cabrera should and will make it

Uggla should make it, but they're probably going to give it to Kent instead

Olivo shouldn't and won't make it...he's 5th on the list of most deserving players(David Ross, Brian McCann, Michael Barrett , Mike Piazza), and they're only two spots

Johnson doesn't have enough innings to be in the all star game

:lol :lol :lol

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...=42&compare.y=8

and? you just proved my point:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...sortByStat=OBP&

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...sortByStat=SLG&

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...sortByStat=OPS&

I'm glad OPS is the stat that gets you into the ASG now a days.

 

BP is either tied or has more hits, rbis, total bases, runs, and stolen bases then both of them.

 

Btw, the Reds are the most storied franchise in NL history.

Shouldn't the starting pitcher that's leading both leagues in ERA go the All-Star game?

 

 

Yes, but Josh Johnson does not lead baseball in ERA because he doesn't have enough innings to qualify. I don't think he should even be considered.

 

I heard something about this on the radio on the way to the game Friday night. A pitcher has to have as many innings pitched as his team has games played in by the AS break. With the double header vs the Mets that would be 86 games. JJ has pitched in 73.2 innings so far. He would need 2 more starts to qualify. And they had better be good starts. If so then I believe he should go.

Uggla deserves it and I do believe he will be there. I don't think Olivo will make it although he is doing a fine job. Now here is where I am going to disagree with just about everyone. I don't think Miggy deserves it. His offensive numbers qualify him but his defensive numbers are terrible. If not for a Texan named Josh that we had at 3B at one time then Miggy could be going for a Marlins record for errors committed at that position. (I'm not really sure if Josh holds that record, but when I think of bad players we had at 3B his names skyrockets to the top of my mind.) Heck, he could grab that record anyways. I hold my breath every time I see him getting ready to throw to 1B. And if teams start playing small ball and bunt down that 3B line he is going to go for the all time MLB record.

If Olivo deserves to be an all star, the quality of backstops in MLB has really gone to the shitter.

 

In other words, Olivo, whos barely good enough to be an average backup, sucks.

 

 

 

 

Here we go.

 

 

:plain

Cabs will be the only Marlin there.. Uggla gonna get robbed

 

It depends....

 

Utley will be there starter, so if they take 2 2nd baseman and Brandon Phillips goes over Uggla I don't think you can call that being "robbed".

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...sortByStat=POS&

 

Now if 3 go, and Uggla doesn't go, then yes he got robbed.

2B more deserving than Phillips:

Utley

Uggla

Kent

Carroll

If Phillips makes it, that's a joke

-----

Cabrera should and will make it

Uggla should make it, but they're probably going to give it to Kent instead

Olivo shouldn't and won't make it...he's 5th on the list of most deserving players(David Ross, Brian McCann, Michael Barrett , Mike Piazza), and they're only two spots

Johnson doesn't have enough innings to be in the all star game

:lol :lol :lol

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortab...=42&compare.y=8

Guys don't forget Vidro...I just wanna add who would the Reds rather have at 2nd base right now? There is no question they would prefer Uggla...Uggla is outplaying even Utley

 

Olivo has had good numbers but even most of you guys are calling for his head...He has no chance of being at the All-Star game unless he buys a ticket on e-bay...wish him luck with that

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.