Anti-automobile hippies rejoice!

Guest Fritz

Low-cost cars assembled in developing markets are usually fitted with low-tech or outdated engines which wouldn't meet the latest European or North American emissions standards. However, Iran Khodro, the largest carmaker in the Middle East, is aiming to build up to 100,000 hybrid petrol-electric models a year as part of a government drive to improve air quality in Iran's cities.

Iran Khodro is to make hybrid versions of a number of its models, including the Samand, and it is also aiming to expand its overseas production. It's opening a factory in Minsk, Belarus, and will also expand the capacity of its existing facility in Venezuela.

Source

Anyway, if Iran can do it, there's no reason for Ford and GM to rely on Toyota to do it for them. I'm all for automobiles, and I consider myself an enthusiast, but if Iran can make cheap gas-electric hybrids, where's my damn Ford Mustang GT Hyprid with V8 + hybrid power? Seriously, let's do something.

Low-cost cars assembled in developing markets are usually fitted with low-tech or outdated engines which wouldn't meet the latest European or North American emissions standards. However, Iran Khodro, the largest carmaker in the Middle East, is aiming to build up to 100,000 hybrid petrol-electric models a year as part of a government drive to improve air quality in Iran's cities.

Iran Khodro is to make hybrid versions of a number of its models, including the Samand, and it is also aiming to expand its overseas production. It's opening a factory in Minsk, Belarus, and will also expand the capacity of its existing facility in Venezuela.

Source

Anyway, if Iran can do it, there's no reason for Ford and GM to rely on Toyota to do it for them. I'm all for automobiles, and I consider myself an enthusiast, but if Iran can make cheap gas-electric hybrids, where's my damn Ford Mustang GT Hyprid with V8 + hybrid power? Seriously, let's do something.

if we arent using as much oil as possible then this administration will never, ever support it...i wouldnt be surprised to see a bomb dropped on each of these plants very soon(kidding) but i know its crossed W's mind once or twice before

Source

if we arent using as much oil as possible then this administration will never, ever support it...i wouldnt be surprised to see a bomb dropped on each of these plants very soon(kidding) but i know its crossed W's mind once or twice before

*sigh*

Source

*sigh*

how did bush's family make their money? oil...what did cheney used to be a part of, haliburton which just so happens to be the company making billions of a war over (ready for the surprise) OIL!!!...and in a country dominated by lobbyists, we wont see a huge expansion of hybrids which would help save the environment because really...to this administration...what is more important? money and power or environment and well being for man-kind

Source

*sigh*

how did bush's family make their money? oil...what did cheney used to be a part of, haliburton which just so happens to be the company making billions of a war over (ready for the surprise) OIL!!!...and in a country dominated by lobbyists, we wont see a huge expansion of hybrids which would help save the environment because really...to this administration...what is more important? money and power or environment and well being for man-kind

*sigh*

Source

*sigh*

*sigh*

you should change your name to sigh young :whistle

Source

*sigh*

*sigh*

That was the absolute worst comeback I've ever heard.

Crickets invaded your house the second you hit add reply and chirpped.

Umm, since when is the administration responsible for all facets of the government?

Our oil, and gas problem is a failure of many sectors of the government, and those of both parties are responsible.

I mean, I didn't see these cars popping out when Clinton was in office, now did I? That's right because for years we as Americans have enjoyed a nice lot, and we didn't want to bring in the reforms it would take to ensure long term success, because it would have been a short term nuicance. Both parties are responsible for this.

Source

*sigh*

*sigh*

Ummmmmmm... :plain