August 22, 200620 yr I read where Bostick...Yorkin....Tyler and Nestor are going to Arizona this fall as is Gaby Sanchez and a few oothers.....
August 22, 200620 yr I read where Bostick...Yorkin....Tyler and Nestor are going to Arizona this fall as is Gaby Sanchez and a few oothers..... Only 6 people from each team go to the AFL (3 pitchers and 3 hitters). Five players have to have at least 30 days in AA. There is one single A exemption. I think that was supposes to be Gaby Sanchez before he broke hjis foot (dont know if hell be ready or not) I thionk that is the reason that Scott Nestor was sent to AA Carolina on July 31st (in order to get him his 30 days in double A)
August 22, 200620 yr PLAYERS OF NOTE NAMED TO THE ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE Grand Canyon Rafters Luke Hochevar (1st overall pick in 2006) Brad Eldred (former 1B Pittsburgh and FIU Graduate) Jeff Fiorentino (former FAU standout, had a cup of coffee in the bigs with Baltimore) Mesa Solar Sox Lincoln Holdzkom (former Marlin farmhand I think) Phil Humber (NYY top prospect) Mike Rodriguez (former UMer) Peoria Javelinas Adam Bostick (Marlins) Joey Devine (UCF?/Braves) Scott Nestor (Marlins) Scott Tyler (Marlins) Matt Yourkin (Marlins) Jarrod Saltamachia (sp?) (Braves) Javier Herrera (Local Miami-Dade player) Brian Cleveland (Marlins) Gaby Hernandez (Marlins) Brett Carroll (Marlins) Peoria Saguaros J.B. Cox (NYY) Gavin Floyd (Phillies) Gio Gonzalez (Phillies prospect/Miami-Dade product) Sean Henn (NYY) Eric Duncan (NYY) Phoenix Desert Dogs Jeff Niemann (TB) Wes Bankston (TB) Brent Cleven (DET) Javon Moran (CIN) Scottsdale Scorpions Lance Broadway (CWS) Steven Jackson (ARI) Chris Kinsey (ARI) Dennis Sarafate (MILW) Ryan Braun (MILW/FORMER UMER) Ricardo Nanita (CWS/FORER FIU) For complete rosters in PDF format click HERE
August 22, 200620 yr PLAYERS OF NOTE NAMED TO THE ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE Grand Canyon Rafters Luke Hochevar (1st overall pick in 2006) Brad Eldred (former 1B Pittsburgh and FIU Graduate) Jeff Fiorentino (former FAU standout, had a cup of coffee in the bigs with Baltimore) Mesa Solar Sox Lincoln Holdzkom (former Marlin farmhand I think) Phil Humber (NYY top prospect) Mike Rodriguez (former UMer) Peoria Javelinas Adam Bostick (Marlins) Joey Devine (UCF?/Braves) Scott Nestor (Marlins) Scott Tyler (Marlins) Matt Yourkin (Marlins) Jarrod Saltamachia (sp?) (Braves) Javier Herrera (Local Miami-Dade player) Brian Cleveland (Marlins) Gaby Hernandez (Marlins) Brett Carroll (Marlins) Peoria Saguaros J.B. Cox (NYY) Gavin Floyd (Phillies) Gio Gonzalez (Phillies prospect/Miami-Dade product) Sean Henn (NYY) Eric Duncan (NYY) Phoenix Desert Dogs Jeff Niemann (TB) Wes Bankston (TB) Brent Cleven (DET) Javon Moran (CIN) Scottsdale Scorpions Lance Broadway (CWS) Steven Jackson (ARI) Chris Kinsey (ARI) Dennis Sarafate (MILW) Ryan Braun (MILW/FORMER UMER) Ricardo Nanita (CWS/FORER FIU) For complete rosters in PDF format click HERE Other Players of Note: Grand Canyon: Troy Tulowitzki (Util) COL....good hitting prospect Andy Fox (bench coach/former Marlin) Texas Peoria Javelinas: David Pauley (RP) Boston Jacob Ellsbury (OF) Boston Luis Alicea (manager/former player) Boston Phoenix: Jeff Niemann (SP) Tampa Bay (6'9) Ben Zobrist (Util) Tampa Bay Tracy Thorpe (RP) Toronto....I know him personally and he's having a monster year (3-0) 3.30 in AA with 47 IP, 27 H, 47 Ks. Mesa: Hunter Pence (OF) Astros Peoria Saguaros: Admin Broadway (1B) Nationals (former Miami Native) Scottsdale: Kevin Frandsen (Util) Giants Travis Ishikawa (Util) Giants
August 22, 200620 yr I read where Bostick...Yorkin....Tyler and Nestor are going to Arizona this fall as is Gaby Sanchez and a few oothers..... Only 6 people from each team go to the AFL (3 pitchers and 3 hitters). Five players have to have at least 30 days in AA. There is one single A exemption. I think that was supposes to be Gaby Sanchez before he broke hjis foot (dont know if hell be ready or not) I thionk that is the reason that Scott Nestor was sent to AA Carolina on July 31st (in order to get him his 30 days in double A) boy - i Guess I explained the usual allocation. As the marlins have very few, if any hitting prospects at the higher levels, i guess they HAD to send more pitchers than hitters
August 22, 200620 yr good deal to have the marlins prospects in peoria this year - will have to check out a couple games - amazing how small the crowds are given the pretty decent quality of play
August 22, 200620 yr I am exited that both Trevor Crowe and Jacoby Elsbury will be on the same team...Both would look very good in Teal patroling CF...Crowe is being converted to 2nd base due to the logjam in CF in Cleveland but I am sure they might be willing to trade him as well...Elsbury?..Well he looks to be an awesome CF Boston has a logjam of their own
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.