Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Olivo

Featured Replies

A catcher with good defense and who can hit .250 for league minimum? Probably alot of them. The difference is, Olivo will be lucky to hit .250(my guess...Olivo hits in the .195-220 range next year), plays horrendous defense, and will make around $3 million.

 

Tell you what...a wager, first person to take me up on it...if Olivo hits better than .220 next year, I'll give you $50...wether he's a Marlin or not.

 

Any takers?

 

 

For sure.

 

In the immortal words of Lennon and McCartney, "I'm down. I'm really down."

It's a bet then. I am so sure that Olivo will slide back into mediocrity that I am putting $50 on the line.

 

In fact, I'll take as many bets as possible. Anyone else want to get in? $50 even money, if Olivo hits over .220 I give you $50, if he doesn't you give me $50. Now whos a taker? I'll take on anyone who wants to bet.

My personal opinion is that this year is a fluke and we should dump him as quick as possible. It's a career year, nothing more. He still plays well below average defense, and will be lucky to hit .200 next year. We offer him arbitration and he gets around $3 mil...well, our team is our $3 mil with one of the worst catchers in the league out there.

 

He sucks more and more the more teams see him, he strikes out what...around 4 times as much as he walks. Doesnt even play adequete defense.

 

Get rid of this loser.

 

it's unbelievable how much of an idiot you are

 

A catcher with good defense and who can hit .250 for league minimum? Probably alot of them. The difference is, Olivo will be lucky to hit .250(my guess...Olivo hits in the .195-220 range next year), plays horrendous defense, and will make around $3 million.

 

Tell you what...a wager, first person to take me up on it...if Olivo hits better than .220 next year, I'll give you $50...wether he's a Marlin or not.

 

Any takers?

 

wow, id take that in a heartbeat. how about this...if he hits above your retarded forecast you never post again

I'll stick to the monetary bet.

 

Also drunk when I wrote that first quote...although he does play well below average defense Shamrock. And this very well could be a career year. If he hits above .220 next year, after the NL has seen him, I'll be impressed. But I am not expecting it, because he is not a good hitter.

I'll stick to the monetary bet.

 

Also drunk when I wrote that first quote...although he does play well below average defense Shamrock. And this very well could be a career year. If he hits above .220 next year, after the NL has seen him, I'll be impressed. But I am not expecting it, because he is not a good hitter.

 

 

I'm down to win 50 easy dollars next year, thanks.

  • Author

My personal opinion is that this year is a fluke and we should dump him as quick as possible. It's a career year, nothing more. He still plays well below average defense, and will be lucky to hit .200 next year. We offer him arbitration and he gets around $3 mil...well, our team is our $3 mil with one of the worst catchers in the league out there.

 

He sucks more and more the more teams see him, he strikes out what...around 4 times as much as he walks. Doesnt even play adequete defense.

 

Get rid of this loser.

 

 

That is hilarious. Compare his stats to say Loduca who made a cool 6 mil last year compared to what Olivo makes. Saying his defense is poor makes me think you don't watch the Marlins. I agree that he drops the ball alot but he does so many other things so well. One thing I didn't mention in my other post is he jumps on popups faster than anyone I have seen. Have you looked at his percentage of throwing runners out?

By comparing his stats to the teams that have seen him the most(NL east) to the rest of the NL. And by comparing how he hit against the NL West last year(who saw him most) vs the rest of the NL.

 

Atlanta - .225/.273/.450

Mets - .176/.176/.382

Philadelphia - .348/.400/.783

Washington - .267/.302/.400

Overall - .287/.309/.480

 

:plain

 

I doubt Olivo will be making $3M next year. I wouldn't even count on $2M being awarded by an arbitrator. 1. Because his season hasn't been very good, and 2. Typically they consider a player's full career, not just the past season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.