Hank Aaron Award finalists

Cabrerafan

[Here]

The first phase of balloting for the Hank Aaron Award was conducted from Aug. 2-31, allowing fans to vote for the most outstanding offensive performer in each league. One nominee from each club was among the choices, and that fan vote reduced the field to the top six vote-getters per league.

The final phase now will be conducted on MLB.com through Sept. 30, and again fans will choose one player from each league. Those two players with the most votes will be announced at a presentation ceremony during the World Series.

[Here]

The first phase of balloting for the Hank Aaron Award was conducted from Aug. 2-31, allowing fans to vote for the most outstanding offensive performer in each league. One nominee from each club was among the choices, and that fan vote reduced the field to the top six vote-getters per league.

The final phase now will be conducted on MLB.com through Sept. 30, and again fans will choose one player from each league. Those two players with the most votes will be announced at a presentation ceremony during the World Series.

Wright shouldn't even be the Mets nominee.

Never said I was suprised by his absence.

But I myself have other things to worry about. I know Cabs is great. You know hes great. Even New York knows he is great.

Cabrera has inadvertantly spawned an inferiority complex amongs the masses of New York(and, really, the whole sports broadcasting world in general...which treats NY as their mecca). This inferiority complex leads them to constantly pump Wright, the inferior player, and completely leave off Cabs, the superior player, out of any discussion for anything that might make them be featured prominently amongst todays players.

This inferiority complex also has other dark motives. Cabs has trouble getting press for any accomplishment, unless it is negative. The "fight" with Scott Olsen? Couldnt spit without hitting some reference to it. Any of his accomplishments that have come from a good place? Good luck hearing about it.

This inferiority complex will never go away. Its a New York thing. They have to be the biggest and best at everything. And even if something isnt the best, they have the media pulling strings available to make the public at large believe it is, in fact, the best.

So we should just learn to ignore the New Yawkers. The misguided ones at least. Cant ignore the entire city because there are just so many of them.

We have our own cutural icon. We know where he sits in the grand scheme of things and what accolades he truly deserves. The fact that they choose to ignore it is nothing but their loss.

But I myself have other things to worry about. I know Cabs is great. You know hes great. Even New York knows he is great.

Cabrera has inadvertantly spawned an inferiority complex amongs the masses of New York(and, really, the whole sports broadcasting world in general...which treats NY as their mecca). This inferiority complex leads them to constantly pump Wright, the inferior player, and completely leave off Cabs, the superior player, out of any discussion for anything that might make them be featured prominently amongst todays players.

This inferiority complex also has other dark motives. Cabs has trouble getting press for any accomplishment, unless it is negative. The "fight" with Scott Olsen? Couldnt spit without hitting some reference to it. Any of his accomplishments that have come from a good place? Good luck hearing about it.

This inferiority complex will never go away. Its a New York thing. They have to be the biggest and best at everything. And even if something isnt the best, they have the media pulling strings available to make the public at large believe it is, in fact, the best.

So we should just learn to ignore the New Yawkers. The misguided ones at least. Cant ignore the entire city because there are just so many of them.

We have our own cutural icon. We know where he sits in the grand scheme of things and what accolades he truly deserves. The fact that they choose to ignore it is nothing but their loss.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup

GENIUS!!