Screw FOX/TheDon and Fox randomly discuss Julian Tavarez

Guest Juanky

I know everyone gizzes over the Red Sox-Yankees playing a meaningless game in September, but seriously! The Phillies game is blacked out on mlb.tv, but yet one of the markets that would care about the game can't watch it due to this gayness in Yankee Stadium.

Why not have the markets in San Diego, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Cincinnati, and Houston all get the Philly game and everyone else get the Red Sox-Yanks?

Come on now.

If only it were that easy to just switch programming like that.

Matchups, television rights and distribution is set before the season starts.

There's a reason why there are two games on FOX every weekend, and they've switched games in season before.

Maybe it's about time to give someone else a say in things, because Wild Card markets want to watch the game that affects them, especially with only two games going on right now.

At the very least MLB should have the decency of opening the mlb.tv broadcast to users in the regions where the game affects their wild card standing.

I agree its dumb, but I'd be willing to bet alot Boston v. New York gets better ratings then Houston v. Philly even though one game means infinitely more then the other.

Who knows how the advertising is set up too. I bet alot of advertisers paid for their ad to be seen in certain markets for certain games.

I understand that. And I'm not advocating the game be taken off the national broadcast. However, the ratings for a game that is meaningful to certain markets being played in that market would certainly garner higher ratings than the Yankees/Red Sox game.

At least show the damn thing on mlb.tv! Possibly do some dual-game of the week stuff or something. Seriously though, this is dumb.

Am I seeing things or did the Red Sox really start Julian "Beyond Crazy" Tavares in game 2 of the doubleheader?

It's his 4th start now. Pretty much sums up the sad state of affairs the Sox pitching has been this season.

With that said, he's been not that bad in his 3 starts:

14.2 IP

8 ER

16 H

5 BB

13 SO

It's not glorious but (and I'm not just saying this in hindsight) I would have rather thrown him out there then Jason Johnson or some of the other hacks we had during the season. He could at least be bundled with another player and eat up innings.

Pretty much a needless bump and one that is in a thread it doesn't belong in but one that might interest some people.

Tavarez pitched a complete game tonight:

9 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 1 BB, 1 SO (99 Pitches)

So, in his 4 real starts (not counting the combo start against Toronto) he has combined numbers of:

25.2 IP

10 ER

24 H

7 BB

13 SO

2-0, 3.57 ERA, 1.23 WHIP

Starts against White Sox, Royals, Yankees, Blue Jays

Dude is definitely the long man/emergency starter next year. I didn't watch the game so I have no idea how he looked but with numbers like that its hard to say anything bad.