NBA 2K7 killed my XBOX 360

TSwift25

So I bought NBA 2K7 today for the 360. Pop it in, get to the start up screen and the game freezes. I restart the system and get the 3 red lights of death. Take the hard drive off, try unplugging it, manage to get it to start up sometimes, but it always freezes, sometimes I just get the three red lights of death.

I called Microsoft, they told me I'm going to have to send the system in for "repairs."

Does anyone have any suggestions so I don't have to send the system in only to get it 8 months later?

Thanks!

Have you tried other games in the 360 since then? If it works otherwise, I'd just return that game and/or call the tech support for 2K sports and see what they say.

That blows.

I assume you don't have one of those stupid product protection plans from wherever you bought it, do you? They're stupid, but I guess this is one of those times they would come in handy.

Your best bet is probably to just piss and moan at Microsoft.

I assume you don't have one of those stupid product protection plans from wherever you bought it, do you? They're stupid, but I guess this is one of those times they would come in handy.

I got one of those for like 20 bucks when i bought my PS2, cause i figured i might as well

really came in handy a few months later when it broke down

That blows.

Well, in Microsoft's defense, they said they'd take care of it free of charge, but it's just the whole turn around time that I'm not really thrilled about.

That blows.

Well, in Microsoft's defense, they said they'd take care of it free of charge, but it's just the whole turn around time that I'm not really thrilled about.

I'm not hating on Microsoft, it just sucks that you'll have to ship your machine out and be without it for awhile. I guess that's what you get for being an early adopter though.

:mischief

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Did you get the 360 when it first first came out?

Yes.

I got mine when it first came out (waited on line for 7 hours to get it), and made that my big talking point when my system crapped out less than a month past warranty. They eventually decided they would fix it for free, and extend the warranty. Within a few days I received my shipment information and packaging. Within two weeks of that, I got the package with my replacement box. It's worth it to send it out and have it replaced.

On the information form that you are supposed to enclose with your x-box there's a line that says "desired service" or something to that effect. I wrote in "replace unit". Sure enough, they replaced it for me, and like I said it was done within two weeks of sending it out.

Yes.

I got mine when it first came out (waited on line for 7 hours to get it), and made that my big talking point when my system crapped out less than a month past warranty. They eventually decided they would fix it for free, and extend the warranty. Within a few days I received my shipment information and packaging. Within two weeks of that, I got the package with my replacement box. It's worth it to send it out and have it replaced.

On the information form that you are supposed to enclose with your x-box there's a line that says "desired service" or something to that effect. I wrote in "replace unit". Sure enough, they replaced it for me, and like I said it was done within two weeks of sending it out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes.

Just out of curiosity, did you get the red lights of death too?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Yes.

Just out of curiosity, did you get the red lights of death too? Yup.

From my perspective, once you see those, get Microsoft to send you a new box. Because it will fail one day. It's not worth being left out in the cold when the warranty is gone. So to speak...