Joe Torre Will Remain

TSwift25

I'm sorry, but Joe Torre didn't go a combined 2 for 26 with 8 K's. That feat was accomplished byt the tandem of AROD and Sheff.

Joe Torre didn't serve up a meatball for a homerun to the only batter he faced. That feat was accomplished by Mike Meyers.

Joe Torre didn't give up 12 earned runs in 9 innings pitched. That feat was accomplished by the trio of Randy Johnson, Cory Lidle and Jaret Wright.

Joe Torre didn't sign ANY of these players. Brian Cashman did. What has Brian Cashman done during his tenure besides ride the coat tails of Bob Watson? When "he" won titles in '99 and 2000, he won with a nucleus of players [Jeter, Posada, Bernie, Paulie, Tino, Brosius, Pettitte, Stanton, Wells, El Duque, Rivera, and an unheralded Graeme Lloyd] pulled together from a great farm system and smart trades made by Bob Watson.

Time to cut this guy loose and hire someone willing to stand up to The Boss and make a good baseball decision rather than sign a former stud pitcher who had a career era approaching 5 versus your biggest dividion rival because that's who The Boss wants.

I'm sorry, but Joe Torre didn't go a combined 2 for 26 with 8 K's. That feat was accomplished byt the tandem of AROD and Sheff.

Joe Torre didn't serve up a meatball for a homerun to the only batter he faced. That feat was accomplished by Mike Meyers.

Joe Torre didn't give up 12 earned runs in 9 innings pitched. That feat was accomplished by the trio of Randy Johnson, Cory Lidle and Jaret Wright.

Joe Torre didn't sign ANY of these players. Brian Cashman did. What has Brian Cashman done during his tenure besides ride the coat tails of Bob Watson? When "he" won titles in '99 and 2000, he won with a nucleus of players [Jeter, Posada, Bernie, Paulie, Tino, Brosius, Pettitte, Stanton, Wells, El Duque, Rivera, and an unheralded Graeme Lloyd] pulled together from a great farm system and smart trades made by Bob Watson.

Time to cut this guy loose and hire someone willing to stand up to The Boss and make a good baseball decision rather than sign a former stud pitcher who had a career era approaching 5 versus your biggest dividion rival because that's who The Boss wants.

Agreed. Cashman should be shown the door, not Torre.

Yankeefan21...if you're going to hand out credit, where's the love for Gene Michael?

I give all the credit in the world to Gene Michael. Signing Bernie, Pettitte, Jeter, Posada? Huge! However, you have to remember that he did all this while George was serving his suspension. I don't mean to detract from his huge signings [hello, Paul O'Neill for Roberto Kelly?!] but I think he had fewer obstacles than Bob Watson.

One of Bob Watson's first major issues was finding a REPLACEMENT for Don Mattingly. How do you replace a New York icon? That would be like asking a GM to replace Derek Jeter next year. His signing of Tino Martinez was huge beyond words. Imagine, he got Louis Sojo and Jeff Nelson as afterthoughts...