Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New O.J. Book and TV Special Killed

Featured Replies

MSNBC.com-

 

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special ?If I Did It.?

 

?I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project,? said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. ?We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.?

 

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before publication of the book. It was being published by ReganBooks, a HarperCollins imprint owned, like the Fox network, by News Corp.

 

In the projects, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.

 

The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying ?Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt.?

 

One of the nation?s largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., said last week it would donate any profits on the book to charity.

I have a new respect for Mr. Murdoch now, even though I dislike his politics. This whole thing was just plain wrong.

Aren't there laws which prevent someone from making money off of a crime they committed? Even though OJ wasn't convicted in criminal court, he was found responsible for the deaths in civil court.

  • Author

Aren't there laws which prevent someone from making money off of a crime they committed? Even though OJ wasn't convicted in criminal court, he was found responsible for the deaths in civil court.

Well, I was trying to figure out how O.J. would weasel his way out of paying the families for this.

 

He somehow managed to buy a $750K house in a very good neighborhood in Miami (I've driven by it like a hundred times), even though all of his income (besides his NFL pension) is supposed to go to the victims' families.

  • Author

How much money does he make from his NFL pension?

I would really doubt it's enough to buy that house.

 

However, I don't know the number.

I have a new respect for Mr. Murdoch now, even though I dislike his politics. This whole thing was just plain wrong.

For Murdoch, it was a business issue, not a moral one. This faux pas was going to cost FOX millions in revenue.

 

It is the right decision any way you look at it.

Aren't there laws which prevent someone from making money off of a crime they committed? Even though OJ wasn't convicted in criminal court, he was found responsible for the deaths in civil court.

Well, I was trying to figure out how O.J. would weasel his way out of paying the families for this.

 

He somehow managed to buy a $750K house in a very good neighborhood in Miami (I've driven by it like a hundred times), even though all of his income (besides his NFL pension) is supposed to go to the victims' families.

Yeah, his is near some family of mine. I just drove past it today and Channel 10 was out there.

Yeah, im glad to see a major coorporation do something based on morality, and not on money. If that would have aired, it would have been incredibly sad, and it would have shown a real decline for the human condition. I realllly thought he may have been innocent back in the day, but now, there is no doubt in my mind he did it...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.