Junior is going to San Diego

Junior

I'll be in the wonderful city of San Diego from December 18-20 for NIU's bowl game. I am extremely afraid of flying, but going to one of the nicest cities in the world to see NIU play in a bowl is something I could not pass up. I seriously can't wait.

So have any of you ever been there? Any suggestions on where to go and what to see?

Drive to Vegas.

Been there.

If I am driving anywherw it's Mexico.

San Diego's beautiful. It's not a terribly long drive from LA, so that's something to keep in mind.

I loved every minute out there, but there's a lot to take in. If you're only there for a short time, just the beach and the downtown scene (mostly near Petco) is plenty.

Gracias. I'm thinking about doing a tour of Petco.

Drive to Vegas.

Been there.

San Diego's beautiful. It's not a terribly long drive from LA, so that's something to keep in mind.

I loved every minute out there, but there's a lot to take in. If you're only there for a short time, just the beach and the downtown scene (mostly near Petco) is plenty.

You can drive to Tijuana, not far. What's ideal though is driving to the border and taking a bus across, makes reentry customs easier and quicker. There's a great cigar store on the main street where you can get all the Cuban cigars you could ever imagine, can't bring them back into the US with the label on though. :( Don't go at night though, heard it gets dicey.

If you've only got a short time, the San Diego wild animal park is better than the Zoo itself, as the wild animal park is an offshoot of the zoo but where they have a more unique interaction with the visitors and the animals. It's a simulated African safari...pretty cool.

Also, if you love Mexican food but don't feel like going to Mexico, old town in San Diego is a great place to check out. Lots of history and a few good Mexican restaurants.

Drive to Vegas.

Been there.

You can drive to Tijuana, not far. What's ideal though is driving to the border and taking a bus across, makes reentry customs easier and quicker. There's a great cigar store on the main street where you can get all the Cuban cigars you could ever imagine, can't bring them back into the US with the label on though. :( Don't go at night though, heard it gets dicey.

If you've only got a short time, the San Diego wild animal park is better than the Zoo itself, as the wild animal park is an offshoot of the zoo but where they have a more unique interaction with the visitors and the animals. It's a simulated African safari...pretty cool.

Also, if you love Mexican food but don't feel like going to Mexico, old town in San Diego is a great place to check out. Lots of history and a few good Mexican restaurants.

Thanks alot man.

I'm definately going to hit up old town for some Mexican food, and I'll probably check out the zoo.

it doesn't sound like you have enough time to do anything besides going to the game.

if i were you, i'd tell pops to pay a little extra to change either the departure or arrival date on your tickets (it doesn't cost much) and reserve a few more days of hotel so you can actually see the town.