Open letter to MB.com

bobbob1313

Dear denizens of the wonderful online community known collectively as "MarlinsBaseball.com/forums/index.php",

In the spirit of the holiday season, which our board's banners are decorated so nicely with, I write you today with the best of intentions. I write you today hoping we can put the past behind us and move on to brighter, happier days. I write you with the sincere wish that we can stop being so angry, and just be friends.

Isn't the world a beautiful place? Why do we always have to fight over it? I quote President Dale, from Mars Attacks when I say "Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along?"

I know, I know, the amount of home runs Alfonso Soriano might hit next year in Wrigley Field if given the proper lineup protection by Derek Lee and Aramis Ramirez, or the percentage of men who are pedophiles, are very very heated and important matters to the world at large, but, dear citizens, why must we fight so? I often feel like I've walked into the house of a very abusive relationship when I log on, and thats just not right, people. We all bleed teal and black (and some of us Red, Junior, I'm looking at you), and we can all agree on this, so why can't we just be friends?

Our e-lives are too e-short to spend them e-arguing about little things. We need to take ourselves less seriously. In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esquire, and Theodore Logan "Be excellent to one another" and "Party on, dudes".

The sun is rising on a brand new day in our beautiful Sunshine State, friends. Won't you be a part of it?