Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Famous Last Words

Featured Replies

Not on that list, but some great last words none the less —

 

"I should have never switched from Scotch to Martinis." - Humphrey Bogart

This wasn't on this list, but I've heard Oscar Wilde had a strange one. Supposedly he was pretty openly homosexual and commented on the appearance of the curtains in the room before he died. I might have my stories crossed or that just might be an urban legend though...

 

There are various opinions on the exact words he used, but staring at the garish decor as he lay dying in his Paris hotel room, he said "It's either me or the wallpaper. One of us has to go"

 

These last words things are amusing, but about 99% of them are totally unverifiable and 98% are just fabricated...

Great stuff, and though the John Adams quote might not be accurate, I do recall the sentiments were similar...Jefferson and Adams were pretty bitter toward each other and Adams desperately wanted to outlive him. They both died on Independence day, Adams living a bit longer. I always thought that was uber cool.

Great stuff, and though the John Adams quote might not be accurate, I do recall the sentiments were similar...Jefferson and Adams were pretty bitter toward each other and Adams desperately wanted to outlive him. They both died on Independence day, Adams living a bit longer. I always thought that was uber cool.

Adams didnt know that Jefferson had died that day.

Great stuff, and though the John Adams quote might not be accurate, I do recall the sentiments were similar...Jefferson and Adams were pretty bitter toward each other and Adams desperately wanted to outlive him. They both died on Independence day, Adams living a bit longer. I always thought that was uber cool.

Adams didnt know that Jefferson had died that day.

I don't recall mentioning that Adams might have known.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.