Some of the bigger names include:

Mariano Rivera

Andruw Jones

Torii Hunter

Ichiro Suzuki

Carlos Zambrano

Jermaine Dye

Bobby Abreu

I think there's no way the Yanks don't resign Mo, so that's moot. Likewise, I find it hard to imagine the Cubbies passing on Zambrano. Can you imagine the M's passing on Ichiro? There would be a revolt in that town!

Dude i just thought christmas came early this year..........

:lol

TN is right - I was just throwing out a possibility. You have to admit, though, the title got you in to read the thread!

Hunter would be way cheaper, but I think Jones would be the better fit. Can you imagine plugging him into both your OF and lineup??

Here's a good article about some of NEXT winter's potential free agents:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At2e...i&type=lgns

Some of the bigger names include:

Mariano Rivera

Andruw Jones

Torii Hunter

Ichiro Suzuki

Carlos Zambrano

Jermaine Dye

Bobby Abreu

I think there's no way the Yanks don't resign Mo, so that's moot. Likewise, I find it hard to imagine the Cubbies passing on Zambrano. Can you imagine the M's passing on Ichiro? There would be a revolt in that town!

Rivera will be 38 in 2008. Well past his prime

Rivera will be 38 in 2008. Well past his prime

:lol

I think the guys facing his cutter might disagree...

Here is the trend for his "diminished skills:"

2002 - WHIP 1.000 - 28 Saves

2003 - WHIP 1.005 - 40 Saves

2004 - WHIP 1.081 - 53 Saves

2005 - WHIP 0.868 - 43 Saves

2006 - WHIP 0.960 - 34 Saves

Oh right - and Hoffman just saved 46 games as a 38 year old... The Yanks would be CRAZY to let him go. And they wont just on principal. Come on, look how long they kept Bernie.

Nearly half those guys will get locked up long term over the course of the year.

Zambrano will get a huge extension i guarentee it. He's the only reason I watched the Cubs this year......... that and to see what stupid things Dusty Baker would try to do........ the last one was solely for entertainment purposes.

If the Cubs ink Zambrano to an extension, you can bet Dontrelle's services will be highly sought next offseason and the Marlins could make a killing trading him. Actually, even if Zambrano isn't signed to an extension the Marlins would still make a killing if they traded him with the top pitchers available after Zambrano being a 40+ John Smoltz along with Doug Davis, Jake Westbrook and Bartolo Colon. People talk about the 2006-07 offseason being pretty weakfor SPs, but next year looks to be just as bad if not worse.

Not to say I want to see Dontrelle traded off. Just mention it since a number of people here (and in the media) mention how Dontrelle's trade value will never be higher (first last offseason, then before the 2006 trade deadline and then this offseason). It looks like next year's offseason will actually be the time when his trade value is highest (especially if he makes his every other year rebound in 2007).