Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 season Preview (plus Player Value Rankings)

Featured Replies

Those are fantasy baseball rankings.

 

I think Miggy should be higher easily.

Yeah, these are projected fantasy values. Last year, for example, ARod was better in every offensive category but BA and Wright and Cabs were pretty much on par with Wright having twice as many SB's to Cabs having .02 higher BA. ARod is entering a contract year this year [plus that was his worst offensive year ever] and Wright plays on a team that should score and manufacture more runs [ie. more rbi and r opportunities]. In fantasy leagues, they are both very likely going to be more valuable 3B's than Miggy. I mean, you can nitpick and say maybe he should be 2nd ahead of Wright but there's no question ARod is the best bet at 3B in the game right now as far as fantasy studs go.

 

I don't know what stats you're looking at, but last I looked Miggy's line was .339 26 HR 114 RBI vs. .311 26 116RBI for David Wright. That's a big difference in batting average. I don't know if walks are taken into account or slugging (through doubles), but if they are Miggy trounces David (10 more doubles and about 25 more walks). Miggy also trounces A-Rod in batting average and slugging (about 24 more doubles).

 

Miggy is not the third best third baseman. He's better than Wright and just a tad below A-Rod.

Those are fantasy baseball rankings.

 

I think Miggy should be higher easily.

Yeah, these are projected fantasy values. Last year, for example, ARod was better in every offensive category but BA and Wright and Cabs were pretty much on par with Wright having twice as many SB's to Cabs having .02 higher BA. ARod is entering a contract year this year [plus that was his worst offensive year ever] and Wright plays on a team that should score and manufacture more runs [ie. more rbi and r opportunities]. In fantasy leagues, they are both very likely going to be more valuable 3B's than Miggy. I mean, you can nitpick and say maybe he should be 2nd ahead of Wright but there's no question ARod is the best bet at 3B in the game right now as far as fantasy studs go.

I don't know what stats you're looking at, but last I looked Miggy's line was .339 26 HR 114 RBI vs. .311 26 116RBI for David Wright. That's a big difference in batting average. You don't know what stats I was looking at? Well, let's look at typical fantasy stats:

 

BA .311 + 0.028 = .339

HR 26 versus 26 = Pretty much on Par

RBI 116 versus 114 = Pretty much on Par

SB 20 versus 9 = +122% for Wright

Runs 96 versus 112 = +17% for Miggy

 

SLG, OBP, BB, 2B, 3B, OPS, Errors? These stats don't mean anything [in most leagues]. In other words, the numbers work out exactly as I said in my post. :thumbup

 

Now you have to ask youself this; do you feel this Marlins team is better or worse, offensively, than last years team? What about the Mets? Both guys will be batting 3/4 in their lineup, so who has better table setters?

 

You have to take all of this into account. Again, this is all about fantasy numbers. There's no question that if I could have any 3B on my REAL team, I would take Cabrera right now and not even blink in Wright's or Arod's direction. In fantasy land? I think Wright will end up doing slightly better than Cabrera this year. We'll see...

The difference in batting average is substantial. I stand by my position that even in a fantasy league Miggy is better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.