May 2, 200719 yr So I had the chicken pox bad in first grade. Missed two weeks of school. Early March 2007, I got the shingles. The same virus, coming out of dormancy to be a pain in the ass again. Now again, I have the fricken chicken pox!!! What the hell!?!??? Anyone else had it three times??
May 2, 200719 yr Dude that's terrible. I've had the pox once and shingles once. I feel for ya. I had no idea you could get the pox more than once.
May 2, 200719 yr Aren't you only supposed to get that once? You sure it wasn't the miesels and something else before? Parents usually make their kids sleepover with kids that are infected so they can get it over with.
May 2, 200719 yr Aren't you only supposed to get that once? You sure it wasn't the miesels and something else before? Parents usually make their kids sleepover with kids that are infected so they can get it over with. No I distinctly remember an episode of Full House or something when someone got the chicken pox for the second time even though they thought that was impossible.
May 2, 200719 yr Bizarre. Definitely not normal. Do you have some kind of chronic medical illness? Asthma? Take steroids for anything? Unless there's an obvious explanation for why, at your age, your immune system isn't working properly, I don't think it's unreasonable to get worked up for a few things. Talk to your doc, if you haven't already.
May 2, 200719 yr Aren't you only supposed to get that once? You sure it wasn't the miesels and something else before? Parents usually make their kids sleepover with kids that are infected so they can get it over with. No I distinctly remember an episode of Full House or something when someone got the chicken pox for the second time even though they thought that was impossible. What would the world do without Full House?
May 2, 200719 yr I got it once as a kid. I got it the worst out of my three brothers by getting it last. Awful. I can't imagine it three times. Get better soon brah.
May 2, 200719 yr Damn, 3 times? I've never even had chicken pox. Ya same here never had it my mom would try to get me to have it but i never could catch it.
May 2, 200719 yr Author Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Bizarre. Definitely not normal. Do you have some kind of chronic medical illness? Asthma? Take steroids for anything? Unless there's an obvious explanation for why, at your age, your immune system isn't working properly, I don't think it's unreasonable to get worked up for a few things. Talk to your doc, if you haven't already. Yeah, I have Crohn's Disease.. I've taken steroids, but it's been a few years. I workout regularly to try and stay as healthy and strong as possible... And yeah, doctor took bloodwork to see if anything out of the ordinary.
May 3, 200719 yr Ive had chicken pox bad when I was young, small pox, and have chronic cold sores on my face. Different strands of herpes have been kicking my rear since I was born. I feel for you bro.
May 3, 200719 yr Ive had chicken pox bad when I was young, small pox, and have chronic cold sores on my face. Different strands of herpes have been kicking my rear since I was born. I feel for you bro. good lord. that really suks.
May 3, 200719 yr Cold sores have become less frequent since I finished high school but I still get them 2 or 3 times a year, and I got small pox on purpose before I went to Iraq(as everyone did, although it slapped me around more than most others because not only were our immune systems weak due to so many vaccinations, but I am also more susceptible to herpes strands than the average joe). Just to go for the full nelson I will probably eventually end up with crotch rot as well, seems to be my luck.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.